Domion Suit Against Fox is Heading to Trial

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Domion Suit Against Fox is Heading to Trial

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Some of the latest:
The judge overseeing Dominion Voting Systems’ lawsuit against Fox News said on Wednesday that he was imposing a sanction on the network and would very likely start an investigation into whether Fox’s legal team had deliberately withheld evidence, scolding the lawyers for not being “straightforward” with him.

[...]

[The judge] also said he would very likely appoint a special master to investigate Fox’s handling of discovery of documents and the question of whether Fox had inappropriately withheld details about Rupert Murdoch’s role as a corporate officer of Fox News.
This one cracked me up:
Dan K. Webb, a lawyer for Fox, pushed back on the assertion from Dominion, saying that both he and even Mr. Murdoch himself didn’t realize he also held the executive chair role at Fox News.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/12/busi ... ioned.html
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.nbcnews.com/media/fox-news- ... -rcna80285

Fox Entertainment settled. They admitted it.

And this’ll move the needle exactly 0% for people like Xanax.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

From Fox's statement:
This settlement reflects Fox’s continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards.
Yes, admitting that lying is the only way to keep your Trumplican viewers tuned in, and profits high, is totally a reflection of your commitment to the highest journalistic standards. The math checks out.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

And this’ll move the needle exactly 0% for people like Ajax18.
I disagree, it moves the needle backwards, he's even more convinced now of the deep state.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:03 pm
And this’ll move the needle exactly 0% for people like Ajax18.
I disagree, it moves the needle backwards, he's even more convinced now of the deep state.
You’re right, of course.

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FuBqh1uakAUBA4X.jpg
FuBqh1uakAUBA4X.jpg (36.41 KiB) Viewed 323 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

$785.5 million dollars in the settlement. Dominion still has its defamation suit against the other defendants.

Fox now has to be more selective in its lies. However, Republicans wish to be lied to without legal filters.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Fox is still facing the 2.7 billion $$ Smartmatic lawsuit. And now there is precedence. Honestly though, I'd love to see the Fox team on the witness stand instead of having these cases settle.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:55 pm
Fox is still facing the 2.7 billion $$ Smartmatic lawsuit. And now there is precedence. Honestly though, I'd love to see the Fox team on the witness stand instead of having these cases settle.
I can't believe Dominion hasn't seemed to have demanded a public apology campaign from Fox on all of their evening shows. That's what annoys me about this, and has damaged Dominion's reputation with me far more than anything Fox ever said about them.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.