Domion Suit Against Fox is Heading to Trial

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Domion Suit Against Fox is Heading to Trial

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:59 pm
¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:55 pm
Fox is still facing the 2.7 billion $$ Smartmatic lawsuit. And now there is precedence. Honestly though, I'd love to see the Fox team on the witness stand instead of having these cases settle.
I can't believe Dominion hasn't seemed to have demanded a public apology campaign from Fox on all of their evening shows. That's what annoys me about this, and has damaged Dominion's reputation with me far more than anything Fox ever said about them.
They got a settlement at an amount more than ten times the value of the entire company. I don't think they're really interested in whether or not FOX does the country a disservice by lying, they were just upset they were lying about them. Hopefully the Smartmatic case will involve more in terms of accountability.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:09 pm
Some Schmo wrote:

I can't believe Dominion hasn't seemed to have demanded a public apology campaign from Fox on all of their evening shows. That's what annoys me about this, and has damaged Dominion's reputation with me far more than anything Fox ever said about them.
They got a settlement at an amount more than ten times the value of the entire company.
Someone must've played a little loosy-goosy with the numbers, if the company valuation was placed at only ~$70 million, given what their annual revenues (not including any physical assets) alone are.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:09 pm
I don't think they're really interested in whether or not FOX does the country a disservice by lying, they were just upset they were lying about them.
Clearly. That's why I think they suck.

It was a defamation case, so on paper, they got what they came for I suppose, but I thought they had an opportunity to do something really good for the country and let it pass by. Because money, which they would have gotten anyway.
Hopefully the Smartmatic case will involve more in terms of accountability.
Sure hope so, but I'm not holding my breath. They'll likely go for the quick money grab as well.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:55 pm
Fox is still facing the 2.7 billion $$ Smartmatic lawsuit. And now there is precedence. Honestly though, I'd love to see the Fox team on the witness stand instead of having these cases settle.
I agree! The settlement should have included an agreement from FOX News to an on-air admission and apology for and detraction of all the lies they told about Dominion and the 2020 election, even though, as Gadianton said, this will only "move the needle backwards" for hardcore MAGA reality deniers like Ajax.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:20 am
FuBqh1uakAUBA4X.jpg
This has, tragically, often been too typical of fanatical cults. Many of their deluded members often continue to believe the lies even after the original Cult leaders themselves clearly admitted to having lied to them and bilked them of their hard earned life savings.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:21 am
Some Schmo wrote:

I agree! The settlement should have included an agreement from FOX News to an on-air admission and apology for and detraction of all the lies they told about Dominion and the 2020 election, even though, as Gadianton said, this will only "move the needle backwards" for hardcore MAGA reality deniers like Ajax.
I heard the Dominion lawyers saying "money is accountability" which is their way of saying they didn't demand a public apology.

They also said Fox admitted to telling lies. BS. I haven't heard anyone from Fox saying anything remotely like a mea culpa. All they said was that they acknowledge the court thinks they lied.

Part of me feels like we should be grateful for learning what we did from the discovery in this case. We'd always have suspected but never known for sure the depths of depravity and unethical behavior at Fox without the Dominion pre-trial.

Still. I want Fox to be as publicly humiliated as possible. Nobody deserves it more.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:55 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:21 am

I heard the Dominion lawyers saying "money is accountability" which is their way of saying they didn't demand a public apology.

They also said Fox admitted to telling lies. BS. I haven't heard anyone from Fox saying anything remotely like a mea culpa. All they said was that they acknowledge the court thinks they lied.

Part of me feels like we should be grateful for learning what we did from the discovery in this case. We'd always have suspected but never known for sure the depths of depravity and unethical behavior at Fox without the Dominion pre-trial.

Still. I want Fox to be as publicly humiliated as possible. Nobody deserves it more.
Well. There’s always Smartmatic …
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dominion is also suing Newsmax and OANN.

They just might put them out of business.

Also, Mike Lindell is being forced to fork up the $5 million he promised he'd pay if anyone proved his election claims were false.

LOL. It hasn't been a great week for the MAGAs.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-lin ... a819c00e4f
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dan Bongino fired by FOX, and Twitter is spreading rumors that Pirro and Bartiromo are next on the chopping block.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3960 ... -fox-news/
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:06 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:55 pm

They also said Fox admitted to telling lies. B.S.. I haven't heard anyone from Fox saying anything remotely like a mea culpa. All they said was that they acknowledge the court thinks they lied.

Well. There’s always Smartmatic …
I think we're getting our wish...

Smartmatic Attorney Puts Fox News On Notice: We Want Apology, Retraction