What's up with Florida?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: What's up with Florida?

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:00 am
Which is why Dems would never dare convict Trump before the Republican primary finishes. They fear DeSantis in a general election much more than they fear Trump.
I see. The Deep State is stopping Trump from being convicted, now, while pretending to want to indict him, in order to supposedly expand Trump’s base of angry voters as a bulwark against the guy who just got outsmarted and politically outflanked by lawyers from Disneyland.

I can’t wait to see how this all changes next week.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:01 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:00 am
Which is why Dems would never dare convict Trump before the Republican primary finishes. They fear DeSantis in a general election much more than they fear Trump.
I see. The Deep State is stopping Trump from being convicted, now, while pretending to want to indict him, in order to supposedly expand Trump’s base of angry voters as a bulwark against the guy who just got outsmarted and politically outflanked by lawyers from Disneyland.

Reality > GOP Presidential administrations had 38x more criminal convictions than Democrats, 1961-2016

Ajax’s reality dysmorphia > That just proves the dEeP sTaTe iS rEaL!!!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:33 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:01 pm

Reality > GOP Presidential administrations had 38x more criminal convictions than Democrats, 1961-2016

Ajax’s reality dysmorphia > That just proves the dEeP sTaTe iS rEaL!!!

- Doc

This is also how they explain why the economy is almost always doing better with Democrat Presidents. Remember when they said the low unemployment rates under Obama were "made up" and "not real", then a few months after Trump took office his chief of staff said those same numbers were no longer made up. They became real with a Republucan President. These people are like children yet to hit puberty.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

WTF is this all about Kish?
desantissss.jpg
desantissss.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 354 times

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politi ... 38075.html
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

desanti.jpg
desanti.jpg (108.31 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Here's what's up: https://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/20 ... 088634007/

Jones and the truth have not been on the same page in the past. She posted at Daily Kos for a while before she was caught sockpuppeting. I wouldn't trust her unverified word on these type of claims.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Verify, verify, and then verify again. I've had potential clients claim persecution only to find out that any action taken against them by the authorities was justified. That doesn't mean that overzealous CPS personnel or prosecutors don't overstep their boundaries at times. It does mean however that all facts need to be gathered and combined with some healthy skepticism. People overemphasize their importance in the world. People lie and exaggerate and mislead for their own gain to one degree or another. People also don't want to take responsibility and overdo their victimhood at times. So, it's not surprising that this lady and the truth don't mix.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:49 am
Verify, verify, and then verify again. I've had potential clients claim persecution only to find out that any action taken against them by the authorities was justified. That doesn't mean that overzealous CPS personnel or prosecutors don't overstep their boundaries at times. It does mean however that all facts need to be gathered and combined with some healthy skepticism. People overemphasize their importance in the world. People lie and exaggerate and mislead for their own gain to one degree or another. People also don't want to take responsibility and overdo their victimhood at times. So, it's not surprising that this lady and the truth don't mix.
Well said.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Maybe Disney, Universal, MGM, etc should all move to other states not run by an autocrat, and maybe public universities outside Florida should stop accepting transfer credits from Florida schools now that they're not allowed to get real educations anymore. Imagine the economic devastation that would ensue if Florida lost their largest employers and all that revenue from tourism which is the only reason why there is no state income tax. DeSantis is effectively biting the hand that feeds Floridians. Why do Conservatives always vote against their own interests?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Florida college students are still able to get a real education. I am not exactly sure why you think they can’t.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow