Gifts to Clarence Thomas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Gifts to Clarence Thomas

Post by Moksha »

Should Justice Clarence Thomas be punished for receiving gifts of luxury trips from political donors and not reporting them?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Re: Gifts to Clarence Thomas

Post by Moksha »

Nobody really cares what Thomas gets as gifts or reports. It would take Fox News to boost this story.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 pm
Should Justice Clarence Thomas be punished for receiving gifts of luxury trips from political donors and not reporting them?
Yes. At best it's a huge conflict of interests, at worst it's outright bribery.

But now the Court is stacked. Thanks a lot, Ruth!
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:14 am
I don't think she could help the fact that she died.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:38 am
DaveIsHere wrote:
To a populist, Ruth or Mitch are interchangeable. It is like buying a costume on the day of Halloween, they just grab whichever mask is there then confabulate an explanation for the costume post hoc.
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:38 am
DaveIsHere wrote:

That, sir, is where we disagree. Please try and pick up what I'm putting down here.

Ruth Beader Ginsburg should have retired during Obama's first run. She was old, frail, and had incurable cancer.

She should have died in office or at least, understanding the same, should've stepped aside , right?

No, she took her reputation as a civil rights supreme and all she ever accomplished and made a false bet. She was hoping Hillary Clinton, despite the massive, collective hatred of her, that massive Ankles McBitch would win and that Ruth Bader Ginsburg would secure her slot in history by swearingin the fir Female US President.

Well, crap didn't work that way, and what could have been a one-shot win for the Dems got handed to a pedophile/date-rapist.

So good job, Ruth. You traded your stellar performance as an advocate of Womens rights and Human rights for a fat cankled bitch from Arkansas.

Thanks a lot, Ruth.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

See how that worked, Shades?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:15 pm
See how that worked, Shades?
Are you referrng to how dIH takes advantage of the free speech right, as defined on this board, to express his thoroughly disgusting bigotry?

It makes you wonder how many voices are silenced here because allowing bigotry is rated paramount among our free speech goals. And i'm not talking about disagreement. It is possible to disagree without introducing bigotry and hatred into one's speech.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

When you have billionaires who are on boards with cases pending before the court, buying a justice's mom's home and renovating it, and then that justice doesn't report it, this is literally corruption at the highest level. Will we see Republicans demand Thomas step down?

No. Of course not. Because they don’t care about corruption. The law, as far as I’m aware, says you have to report these things. He reported some medallion he was given from Yale. He reported when he was given tires (wtf was that about?). And yet, he doesn't report this? And he didn't report the lavish vacation on yachts? He knew better. He knows better.

Will the Right do the right thing, or will they whatabout some lie about the Bidens to justify their own corruption?

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Thomas must go. He should leave the Supreme Court.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow