Do some Black people resent their own race?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr Exiled
God

Re: Do some Black people resent their own race?

Post by Dr Exiled »

I have a lot of black clients and friends and from what I've seen, it's a mixed bag. I've had friends confide in me a sense of loathing of their race and I have friends that give off a sense that they are beyond race. I think the latter is where we should be. I don't wake up with a sense of race and don't think much about it during the day. I hope all of us can get off this tendency to categorized and get beyond it. It really shouldn't matter any more.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

She is very pretty and he looks like an average fire hydrant. Makes sense that he would want to marry her without any type of self-loathing.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I have a sense that there are people of every race who are ashamed of certain aspects of the cultures normally associated with their own race. I know I'm certainly not proud of every human being closer in relation to me than those a little farther away on the tree of life. I'm also embarrassed by a lot of male behavior and culture.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to find out that black conservatives find an easier road by marrying white women. Your success and experience in life is very much a product of the people you engage with on a regular basis, and it's clear that systemically, black people have plenty of built-in, structural disadvantages. I doubt it's a conscious consideration when choosing a mate, most of the time, but it's not surprising a black person might be attracted to the cultural advantages that come with marrying outside their race, especially if they are of a culturally conservative mindset.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:38 pm
I have a sense that there are people of every race who are ashamed of certain aspects of the cultures normally associated with their own race. I know I'm certainly not proud of every human being closer in relation to me than those a little farther away on the tree of life. I'm also embarrassed by a lot of male behavior and culture.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to find out that black conservatives find an easier road by marrying white women. Your success and experience in life is very much a product of the people you engage with on a regular basis, and it's clear that systemically, black people have plenty of built-in, structural disadvantages. I doubt it's a conscious consideration when choosing a mate, most of the time, but it's not surprising a black person might be attracted to the cultural advantages that come with marrying outside their race, especially if they are of a culturally conservative mindset.
Yes, those are my thoughts as well. I doubt people marry a person simply for political reasons (some of them likely married and had kids before getting into politics). I think instead, the reason interracial marriages are overly represented on the Republican side has more to do with the political party choosing them to be leaders because like FOX News, they need to have at least SOME black people representing them, but they're careful to get the right kind of black person. They don't want someone who struggled through poverty and married their high school sweetheart. They want that successful black guy who thinks systemic racism can't possibly be true because, well, it obviously didn't stop him from succeeding.

I still think it says something that less than 1% of Congress consists of a Black Republicans, that 0% are Black Republican women, and 100% of them are married to white people. A black man with a successful white woman is by his side is far less threatening to them. I mean, just look at how they fawned over Herschel Walker despite all the baggage he carried. All they care about is winning, and if that means a black man stands a better chance in a certain district simply because he's black, then make sure you're campaigning for a guy who understands the rules and has someone at his side who will help keep him in line politically. Byron Donald's wife, for example, is a frequent guest on FOX News.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgbKiLTy ... IHNvbmc%3D

Do these rappers have disdain for their race?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:21 am
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgbKiLTy ... IHNvbmc%3D

Do these rappers have disdain for their race?
Not turtles. Turtles upon turtles all the way down. Ajax can take comfort that there is no mixing with turtles. Mormons can remain pure and without shells.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

OK, so this is just wild at this point... I came across this website that lists famous black conservative activists:

Stacey Dash from FOX News:
dash.jpg
dash.jpg (28.15 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Former Congressman Burgess Owens of Utah:
owens.jpg
owens.jpg (60.05 KiB) Viewed 405 times
The article listed some others I had never heard of but I was unable to get any information from google about who they married. Bo Snerdly, Rush Limbaugh's sidekick was listed but he apparently never married.

Also, the mention of Stacey Dash made me wonder about Harris Faulkner, FOX News' only black host:
harris.jpg
harris.jpg (35.44 KiB) Viewed 405 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
DaveIsHere
Teacher

Post by DaveIsHere »

Why don't you just nut up and say we're "Miscegenationating". Oh, right, that'd require you racists to be honest.
If a Giant's pronouns are "fee, fi, fi, and fum", does that mean short people's pronouns are "oompa, loompa, and doopity-doo"?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Another wild coincidence...

drint.jpg
drint.jpg (56.75 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

DaveIsHere wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:25 pm
Why don't you just nut up and say we're "Miscegenationating". Oh, right, that'd require you racists to be honest.
To whom are you referring?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024