TANSTAAFL

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

TANSTAAFL

Post by Res Ipsa »

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. At least in North Dakota. Unless you're a Republican Senator....

https://www.inforum.com/news/north-dako ... lunch-bill
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Re: TANSTAAFL

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:09 pm
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. At least in North Dakota. Unless you're a Republican Senator....

https://www.inforum.com/news/north-dako ... lunch-bill
State employees should get a higher per diem because inflation has made eating out much more expensive, he noted.
Oh, the poor babies. They definitely need help with their "eating out" while working.
A federal program already provides free meals to students from families making below 130% of the federal poverty level, so the state allocation nixed by senators would have applied to kids with family incomes between 130-200% of the poverty level.
Seriously? They want state employees who now get a higher per diem for their food to vote to provide breakfast for children who are born into families that make only TWICE the Poverty rate?

How dare those poor babies ask for help to "eat [in a cafeteria]" while in school?
Last edited by Marcus on Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Tragedy of the commons? Can’t have kids getting their lunch for free when Republicans need a 29% increase in their per diem.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax would support it, he hates taxes unless it's to support the personal lifestyles and aims of right-wing politicians.