The Debt Ceiling

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

The Debt Ceiling

Post by Vēritās »

I know I know, we've been here and done that. Every once in a while Republicans will threaten to default on our debt obligations as a threat to a sitting President who has a (D) after his name, but this time I think it might actually happen.

I'm preemptively starting this thread to discuss the current state of things. McCarthy finally proposed a "plan" after many weeks of doing nothing, and he's already threatening Biden with it. Basically daring him, saying he doesn't want to be the first President to oversee the USA go into default. It seems he's willing to destroy the economy, thinking it will backfire on Democrats instead of Republicans come election time.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Re: The Debt Ceiling

Post by Vēritās »

It might surprise you to know that America is owed a lot more money than it owes and that Japan - not China - holds more of our debt than any other country.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18