The hilarious stupidity of GOP's fentanyl claims.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

The hilarious stupidity of GOP's fentanyl claims.

Post by Gunnar »

The Republicans' claims regarding the border and fentanyl smuggling are beyond stupid. MTG, for one, is fond of claiming that the record amount of fentanyl seized at the Mexican/USA border is proof that, because of the current Democrat administration, we now have an effectively open border between us and Mexico. How can they fail to see the glaring self-contradiction in that?

Either we have an open border, or we are doing the best job ever in intercepting and seizing fentanyl at the border! Both cannot be true! Does anyone really fail to see that! I can't help finding this inherently self-contradictory claim exceedingly hilarious!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Re: The hilarious stupidity of GOP's fentanyl claims.

Post by Vēritās »

They said the same thing at the State of the Union.
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:15 pm
When Biden mentioned the opioid crisis in America Republicans made fools of themselves again by screaming "It's YOUR FAULT." At first I couldn't figure out how in the world that could be considered Biden's fault but then I realized the FOX News talking point about how all the Fentanyl junk is coming from Mexico and they're turning this into a border issue.

The problem is more than 85% of all Fentanyl traveling from Mexico is being brought here by US Citizens not illegal immigrants. Don't believe me? Here is the Right Wing outfit CATO Institute: Fentanyl Is Smuggled for U.S. Citizens By U.S. Citizens, Not Asylum Seekers
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:18 am
They said the same thing at the State of the Union.
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:15 pm
When Biden mentioned the opioid crisis in America Republicans made fools of themselves again by screaming "It's YOUR FAULT." At first I couldn't figure out how in the world that could be considered Biden's fault but then I realized the FOX News talking point about how all the Fentanyl junk is coming from Mexico and they're turning this into a border issue.

The problem is more than 85% of all Fentanyl traveling from Mexico is being brought here by US Citizens not illegal immigrants. Don't believe me? Here is the Right Wing outfit CATO Institute: Fentanyl Is Smuggled for U.S. Citizens By U.S. Citizens, Not Asylum Seekers
Yes. I remember that. They simply don't care what the truth is. All they care about is what they can invent or spin to discredit Democrats and progressives, whether true or not.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:59 am
Yes. I remember that. They simply don't care what the truth is. All they care about is what they can invent or spin to discredit Democrats and progressives, whether true or not.
That's because Republicans are too stupid to make an actual argument. Lying is much easier for them, because that's all their crappy IQ's can manage.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.