Tucker Carlson is Out at FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Tucker Carlson is Out at FOX

Post by Vēritās »

Breaking News.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3966 ... part-ways/

Wonder who the next sleaze will be to take his place in the like of O'Reilly, Kelly, Carlson...

Jesse Waters?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Tucker Carlson is Out at FOX

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

THE DEEP STATE STIKES AGAIN
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don ... 04469.html
Don Lemon announced Monday that he's been "terminated" by CNN. The embattled anchor, who joined the network in 2006, faced scrutiny over his alleged sexist behavior, surviving numerous on-air blunders during his tenure, like in February when he declared Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley "isn't in her prime" at age 51.
THE DEEP STATE IS BUSY CLEANING HOUSE
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:52 pm
Breaking News.

Wonder who the next sleaze will be to take his place in the like of O'Reilly, Kelly, Carlson...

Jesse Waters[sic}?
I think Jesse Watters would probably be even worse for FOX network, because Tucker Carlson only pretended to be stupid in order to retain his deluded audience, but Jesse Watters is genuinely stupid -- so obviously stupid that even some of Tucker's fans will likely see it and be turned off by him.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I'd love to know what happened. This was very sudden; nobody saw it coming. It's like some Fox Exec woke up from a dream this morning and decided to get that dumb Tucker out of there.

And some CNN exec also decided to finally get rid of that Lemon. Weird that both happened on the same day, almost at the same time. Good thing I'm resistant to conspiracy theories.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:44 pm
I'd love to know what happened. This was very sudden; nobody saw it coming. It's like some Fox Exec woke up from a dream this morning and decided to get that dumb Tucker out of there.

And some CNN exec also decided to finally get rid of that Lemon. Weird that both happened on the same day, almost at the same time. Good thing I'm resistant to conspiracy theories.
I'm not entirely sure we can assume it was solely Fox's doing.

Given the text exchanges that come out in discovery, I don't think it unreasonable to speculate that maybe Tucker made an ultimatum with Fox along the lines of "either you give me $$$ more, and a legal retainer and litigation bond worth $$$$, or I'm gone."

These lawsuits may have made him realize just how much exposure to personal liability he has by being an unethical shill for lies and propaganda. Being expected to have no morals or ethics is one thing. Being expected to personally carry the risk for having no morals or ethics is another.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Maybe this is supposed ro help them pay less in the upcoming lawsuits? Proof they're willing to change or improve?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:08 pm
These lawsuits may have made him realize just how much exposure to personal liability he has by being an unethical shill for lies and propaganda. Being expected to have no morals or ethics is one thing. Being expected to personally carry the risk for having no morals or ethics is another.
Perhaps, although you kind of make it sound like Fox was encouraging Tucker to be something he wasn't (not sure if that was your intention). I guess I can see Tucker wanting to leave if he was afraid that Fox would no longer shield him for being the asshole he naturally is.

I also read that the lawsuit from Tucker's ex-producer is looming large for Fox. She apparently has more juicy recordings. That may have had something to do with him leaving too.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:52 pm
Breaking News.

Jesse Waters?
Fox might wish that Jeanine Pirro be remanded to an alcohol recovery program.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving turd.

As for Don Lemon, he was always mediocre to incompetent.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow