Tucker Carlson is Out at FOX

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Tucker Carlson is Out at FOX

Post by Moksha »

I imagine Newsmax, OANN, and the Schutzstaffel News will all be clamoring to hire Tucker Carlson.

Plus, he would always be welcome in a Tokyo Rose capacity at the Russian state media.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I would shed no tears if the entire 24 hour “News” industry folded its tent.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Russia is suggesting that Tucker Carlson should seek the Republican Presidential nomination ahead of Rhonda Santis. Russia's backing should be enough for the RNC.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Bill O'Reilly seems to think he has the inside scoop on most of the details behind this firing, saying the decision wasn't made until Sunday and tucker had no idea up until that time. He also said that there are pending lawsuits, including one involving audio tapes that one of his producer's kept and threatened to release them if FOX didn't pony up a lot of money. Bill thinks these tapes are very damaging to both FOX and Tucker, and they will likely be made public at some point which is why FOX decided to go ahead and cut bait with him.

Very interesting even if half of this is true.

https://youtu.be/R_8SEODqQA8?t=15
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:54 am
Very interesting even if half of this is true.
What O'Reilly said made sense.
Brookside
Nursery

Yay! Tucker Carlson Fired from Faux News!

Post by Brookside »

Wow! Tucker Carlson's abrupt firing from Faux News yesterday is Freakin' awesome news! Now if they would only fire the scumbag lying ass POS Hannity and a half dozen other traitors to democracy they would be part way there in lessening the damage caused from the pollution of the brains of the moron faction of the news viewing public! Tucker Carlson was definitely the worst polluter of the imbecile brains of Faux News fans. Can You imagine what it would be to be like so gawddamned stupid to have liked Tucker Carlson? The total ignorance of that is unfathomable!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

traitors to democracy
Mike, I don't think Tucker betraying Democracy is as much of a problem as betraying the Murdochs.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:40 am
I would shed no tears if the entire 24 hour “News” industry folded its tent.
Amen!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

It'll probably be a boon to Tucker Carlson's popularity or at least his finances. People are leaving main stream media in droves. Companies like Spotify, Rumble and the like are growing while the main stream networks are losing audience. Tucker could start his own company like Glenn Beck did or follow Joe Rogan to Spotify. His audience will follow him.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Why is Tucker leaving Fox? After all, they make each other a lot of money. Could it be that Tucker wants to strike out on his own? Maybe, but he would be leaving a large chunk of his audience behind, maybe even most of it.

Could it be that Fox asked him to leave? It seems strange that they would. After all, Tucker is their highest-rated host, again making Fox a lot of money. So, if they did fire him, it would have to be for something serious.

Very serious. Like, 'murdering prostitutes’ serious. Not that I'm saying Tucker is known for murdering prostitutes ... no one has accused him of that, as far as I know. But he makes Fox a lot of money, enough that those suitably focused on the bottom line might overlook the occasional murdered prostitute … as long as it wasn't a murder recorded or anything. Maybe murdering prostitutes would be okay, but definitely not when caught on camera.

Of course, nobody is saying Tucker Carlson is a prostitute murdering psychopath. In fact, we don't even know that he was fired. Not for certain, in any case. But it does make you wonder... how many prostitutes would Tucker Carlson have to murder before Fox News fired him? Neither Fox nor Tucker have clarified, so we may never know.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.