If I am aggressive is because people are aggressive with me

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

If I am aggressive is because people are aggressive with me

Post by doubtingthomas »

People treat me like sht here, how do you expect me not to be aggressive?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Re: If I am aggressive is because people are aggressive with me

Post by honorentheos »

Self control and accepting personal responsibility for your actions.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:24 pm
I have.

But it's clear different rules apply only to me.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:25 pm
honorentheos wrote:
I have.

You just deflected responsibility in that response. Kinda proves it isn't true, right?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

You are responsible for your behavior -- no one else. Your unwillingness to accept responsibility for your own behavior lies at the root of your obsession with young women's choices of romantic and sexual partners.

You are not okay.

For the love of God, find a good therapist and get the help you need.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:26 pm
You are responsible for your behavior -- no one else.
That has nothing to do with fact that special rules only apply to me.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
your own behavior lies at the root of your obsession with young women's choices of romantic and sexual partners.
BS! I haven't talked about that in a long time. It's just your goddamn confirmation bias.

is a 31 year old Colorado woman a young woman??
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
You are responsible for your behavior -- no one else. Your unwillingness to accept responsibility for your own behavior lies at the root of your obsession with young women's choices of romantic and sexual partners.

You are not okay.

For the love of God, find a good therapist and get the help you need.
His online agression toward women combined with his habit of speaking about women as things is disturbing. I know he lashes out at everyone but he reserves his ongoing and most brutal comnents for people he knows are women.

For example, look at this response to Gadianton:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:12 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm
There are lots of people in the world harboring anger and resentment, and lashing out. I imagine that if a woman came to this forum in full social-justice war mode melting down over men dating women 10 years younger than they are, and calling them pedos, that the reception to such a person would be about as warm as the reception to your antics.

In general, however, I don't think the "feminist" bashing of men through whatever outlets they do this have the freight-train momentum going that the man-sphere does. I think there are some reasons for this, reasons that respond to yet another point you made that I haven't addressed yet, but I'll save that for tonight.
Marcus compares me to incels and straw mans everything I say. That's the reason for the "antics".

Feminists hate it when men date women in their 20s. Feminists are trying to influence young women to avoid older men.
Dt responds to Gad, by attacking a woman. His comments are irrational, and full of anger and hate.

I don't think our board should be a place where these types of focused, threatening, and angry comments toward specific groups are allowed. We already know that this type of online anger, directed toward groups based on stereotyping, can and does lead to real life violence aimed at the stereotyped group.

The approach of this poster is well established. I don't think it is violating any "free speech" principle to acknowledge that the increasingly angry and threatening messages a poster is sending, especially those that specifically target women for no reason, are not appropriate for this forum.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:25 pm
honorentheos wrote:
I have.

It appears that way to you only because you lack the self awareness necessary to see how your conduct differs from that of others. You aren't the first person to receive a mega thread, and you won't be the last. It's a tool Shades uses when someone creates thread after thread after thread on the same basic topic. It's the least restrictive way we have to avoid having the board cluttered with multiple threads on the same topic. Your words aren't hidden or deleted -- they're simply consolidated. People who are interested in the topic of a megathread are perfectly capable of following the discussion.

You also are not treated differently when it comes to derails. As I've explained, if you think someone has derailed one of your threads, report it rather than respond. Responding is an acknowledgment that the post is not a derail. You'll note that I removed several posts of yours this morning as derails in a thread started by Marcus. If you had paid attention, you would have noticed that Marcus, the thread starter, never responded to any of the posts I moved. That's because Marcus pays attention to the rules and puts effort into following them.

You may think it unfair that I moved some of your derails in Marcus's thread to Outer Darkness. Moderators have the discretion to move derails to Outer Darkness when they are "hostile derails" -- essentially derails that are clearly intended to disrupt the thread. Given your expressed hostility toward Marcus and the fact that those posts should have been made in your mega thread, I felt they qualified as "hostile derails" that should be moved in outer darkness.

If you think you are being treated unfairly by a moderator, you have have remedies. Those do not include derailing other threads, starting attack threads, or other disruptive conduct. You are being treated in the same way others who engage in similar conduct have been treated.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:56 pm
It's the least restrictive way we have to avoid having the board cluttered with multiple threads on the same topic. Your words aren't hidden or deleted -- they're simply consolidated.
DT might consider a megathread approach to be akin to having all of his interrelated but interspersed board content as defragged.