If I am aggressive is because people are aggressive with me

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: If I am aggressive is because people are aggressive with me

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:01 am
Why is he making up sockpuppets to begin with?
I have a better question. Why is Res Ipsa deleting my comments? He deleted the thread about a 31 year old woman from Colorado. He deleted a lot of things. He is either deleting my comments or sending them to the trash (the Megathread).

He moved the thread about the medium saying that 30 year old men look like pedophiles, apparently that's no big deal.

He moved the thread about young men with no friends to the Megathread.

I'll accept the consequences for breaking the rules, I just want everyone to know that I am being treated very unfairly.

And I am probably done now, he'll ban me (my username) for life.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:23 am
No one is making it impossible for you to be a part of this community.
You are very dishonest, but I'll stop making your life harder now. Goodbye! Forever!
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Given the fact that you’ve broken the rules by using a sockpuppet account twice to access the board in the last two days, why should we expect perma banning your account to have any effect?
Isnt there a rule about that? Oh there is....

UR 11:

Do not create "sock puppet" accounts. Whichever account you initially signed up with is the only one you need; any further accounts by the same person will be deleted.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

theGhost wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:33 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
I have a better question. Why is Res Ipsa deleting my comments? He deleted the thread about a 31 year old woman from Colorado. He deleted a lot of things. He is either deleting my comments or sending them to the trash (the Megathread).

He moved the thread about the medium saying that 30 year old men look like pedophiles, apparently that's no big deal.

He moved the thread about young men with no friends to the Megathread.

I'll accept the consequences for breaking the rules, I just want everyone to know that I am being treated very unfairly.

And I am probably done now, he'll ban me (my username) for life.

Res Ipsa wrote:
No one is making it impossible for you to be a part of this community
You are very dishonest, but I'll stop making your life harder now. Goodbye! Forever!
You are acting like a complete ass! The mods don't ban your username for life, they ban your IP address. I wouldn't blame them if they did since you persist in breaking and trying to circumvent the rules.

Your Mega thread is NOT the trash. It's a merged thread of threads you have started that relate to the same topic. When I was eternally banned, I was banned for 2-3 YEARS and never once tried to get back in here by circumventing the ban. There was at least one Mega thread created to discuss me when I couldn't post myself.

Still, I did NOT try to get back in here. Not once, not ever.

You are doing this to yourself by not accepting corrective measures. You recently threatened the board saying how you could destroy it. If you get banned it's not because you are being treated unfairly. It's because you're behaving like an impulsive ass.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:45 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

UR 11:

Do not create "sock puppet" accounts. Whichever account you initially signed up with is the only one you need; any further accounts by the same person will be deleted.
Right. At this point he's threatened the board and persisted in breaking the alt account rules.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:46 am
It's a merged thread of threads you have started that relate to the same topic..
I wouldn't have a problem with that. However,

1. The threads I create about different topics are moved to the Megathread or get deleted. It's confirmation bias when you see them all as the same topic.

2. There is no Megathread for Fox news or other topics that people constantly create here.

3. If I create a lot of threads is because Marcus and others treat me like crap.

But I'll stop being an ass, I won't come back.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

theGhost wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:06 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:46 am
It's a merged thread of threads you have started that relate to the same topic..
I wouldn't have a problem with that. However,

1. The threads I create about different topics are moved to the Megathread or get deleted. It's confirmation bias when you see them all as the same topic.

2. There is no Megathread for Fox news or other topics that people constantly create here.

3. If I create a lot of threads is because Marcus and others treat me like crap.

You're breaking and circumventing the rules RIGHT NOW.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If I had a nickel for every time someone treated me like crap in 23 years on boards like this, I'd be filthy stinking rich.

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:49 am
Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:45 am

UR 11:

Right. At this point he's threatened the board and persisted in breaking the alt account rules.
He's threatened to bring down the board at least 3 times in the last several weeks, he currently has an active account and by his own admission at least two active socks, he's started dozens of threads that have had to be moved, had many derails and hostile derails moved, and he's made many personal attacks that have been moved or deleted. (I know because many of his attacks are on me.)

The tasks required just to stay on top of his violations must easily be the single biggest moderation workload at the moment.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I did not delete any of doubtingthomas’s posts. The post he is claiming I deleted is right here: viewtopic.php?p=2832846#p2832846

I did spend an entire morning cleaning up the board after DT’s latest meltdown. I moved posts and merged posts into existing threads. To make sure that I did not delete something unintentionally, I just went through the log from that morning. I did not delete any post.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

theGhost wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:06 am
Look at your above choice. Instead of stopping to act like an ass, you choose to leave. The only way you can see yourself stopping to act like an ass, is to leave.

You can't imagine yourself not acting like an ass and staying.

You elect to act like an ass.

Slava Ukraini!