GOP candidate wants to shut down the FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

GOP candidate wants to shut down the FBI

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

and replace it with a sort federal organization that investigates crime.
Vivek Ramaswamy, a 2024 GOP candidate, said he wants to shut down the FBI.
We need federal law enforcement, but that institution has, in a bipartisan way, become so, I think ossified in its own norms, in its own corruption, that we need to rebuild it from scratch and have something new take its place.
Ramaswamy said if there are term limits for him if he was elected, there should be similar limits for "those bureaucrats reporting to me
-_-

This is the GOP now.
The problem is there's people who have worked there for decades.
Could you imagine you’re in charge of a task force charged with taking down, say, a racketeering syndicate, but mid-campaign you have to let go of half your team because their term limit is up.

This is Xanax-tier thinking. Absolutely 🍌

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: GOP candidate wants to shut down the FBI

Post by Res Ipsa »

So, on the job experience is bad now?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

This is one of those insidious issues with MAGA types. Trump was investigated by the FBI and audited by the IRS. That isn't because we are a nation of laws but rather because the progressive deep state has weaponized the alphabet agencies. Proof? The FBI didn't jail Hillary despite it being obvious she is as corrupt as hell so any investigation into her that didn't result in charges proves there is a conspiracy. So Trump is a hero by drawing their fire and helping make the corruption obvious. Any investigation going forward proves the conspiracy. Token progressives who get investigated with consequences get hand slaps or were expendable, MAGA supporters are victims. Detail about the actual investigations or acts committed?

Ignore anything you hear from John Kelly on the issue. He's just a has-been attention seeker.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

IRONY OVERLOAD
FurgMmzXwAE9hXF.jpeg
FurgMmzXwAE9hXF.jpeg (221.41 KiB) Viewed 566 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Since the GOP became gangsters and racketeers, it makes sense that they would want to do away with institutions that would bring them to justice. Next, they will express how they wish the prosecutors would sleep with the fish.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Detail about the actual investigations or acts committed?
To get the details about the actual events of January 6, it took Republicans taking over the House in order to release those actual details. The right is not the only faction that wants to tear down corrupt institutions and rebuild from scratch. In case it escaped your notice, this is what Nicole Hannah Jones and the 1619 project is all about. If the FBI arrests more blacks than whites, this is proof of systemic racism in our institutions. According to Ibrahm X. Kenadi, laws that result in disparate outcomes between races must be struck down and replaced. The police must be defunded and the savings spent on more welfare. After all, if people didn't have to work for money, they'd have no reason to steal money.

Since DocCam has posted something negative about a nonwhite person in Vivek Ramesay, that makes him a racist xenophobe according to the left's own rules.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:59 pm
To get the details about the actual events of January 6, it took Republicans taking over the House in order to release those actual details.

What details did they release? That some of the criminals who stormed the capitol were later strolling around and taking pictures about an hour after they were breaking windows and assaulting cops?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:02 pm
ajax18 wrote:
To get the details about the actual events of January 6, it took Republicans taking over the House in order to release those actual details.
What details did they release? That some of the criminals who stormed the capitol were later strolling around and taking pictures about an hour after they were breaking windows and assaulting cops?
Our current FBI which is run by high ranking career Democrats whether a Republican or Democrat is president likes to withhold exculpatory evidence, as they were proven to do in the case of Carter Paige. It came as little surprise that the partisan Jan. 6 committee didn't want this footage coming out on Tucker Carlson's show because it cut against their narrative. To deny that we now live under a partisan political justice system is not intellectually honest.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:05 pm
Our current FBI which is run by high ranking career Democrats whether a Republican or Democrat is president likes to withhold exculpatory evidence, as they were proven to do in the case of Carter Paige.
What evidence are you referencing here, ajax?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
To get the details about the actual events of January 6, it took Republicans taking over the House in order to release those actual details. The right is not the only faction that wants to tear down corrupt institutions and rebuild from scratch. In case it escaped your notice, this is what Nicole Hannah Jones and the 1619 project is all about. If the FBI arrests more blacks than whites, this is proof of systemic racism in our institutions. According to Ibrahm X. Kenadi, laws that result in disparate outcomes between races must be struck down and replaced. The police must be defunded and the savings spent on more welfare. After all, if people didn't have to work for money, they'd have no reason to steal money.

Since DocCam has posted something negative about a nonwhite person in Vivek Ramesay, that makes him a racist xenophobe according to the left's own rules.
You obviously haven't more than the foggiest notion about what the 1619 project is all about nor about real, verifiable history nor more recent archaeological and anthropological findings concerning the Americas and how their discovery transformed both the Americas and the rest of the world for both good and ill. I highly recommend you read 1491, New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus and it's sequel, 1493, Uncovering the New World Columbus Created] by Charles C. Mann. You probably won't, though, because many of the facts related in those books will uncomfortably puncture the bubble of your bigoted, racist worldview.

For example: did you know that the vast Amazon basin was once heavily populated by widespread, highly advanced and organized agricultural societies, older and more advanced in some ways than contemporary European and Eurasian civilizations and which actually thrived clear up to about 1491, when Columbus first "discovered" the Americas, and which were devastatingly decimated within the next century or so by second hand exposure (probably via the Incas, who had extensive trade relations with the Amazonian cultures, and who were first exposed by the conquistador Pizarro and his people) to European diseases to which they had little immunity? So rapid and thorough was this decimation and so rapidly did the prolific Amazon rainforest cover up and obliterate the remains of their culture that the few survivors were reduced to a few scattered hunter-gatherer tribes by the time Europeans really penetrated the Amazon basin and began to systematically explore it. This led the renowned Scholar, Allan R. Holmberg, to mistakenly conclude, in 1942, when he was a doctoral student, that there had never been any humans more advanced than the primitive hunter-gatherer tribes in the Amazon basin than the primitive hunter gatherers he lived among and studied from about 1940 to 1942. This is now famously (or infamously?) known as "Holmberg's Mistake."
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue May 02, 2023 8:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.