You Can Help Ukraine by just talking

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
malkie
God

You Can Help Ukraine by just talking

Post by malkie »

I recently became a volunteer with an organization that aims to help Ukraine better take its place in the European and world-wide communities as a source of skilled workers, including knowledge workers.

ENGin “pairs Ukrainian youth with [fluent] English speakers for free online conversation practice”. The goal is to foster the creation of “a generation of English-fluent, culturally competent young Ukrainians” who will help to rebuild Ukraine after the end of the Russian aggression in Ukraine.

If you would like more information and cannot easily find it on the ENGin website (https://www.enginprogram.org/), PM me and I’ll try to find an answer for you.

If you decide to become a volunteer with ENGin would you please let me know.

--------------------------

You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
malkie
God

Re: You Can Help Ukraine by just talking

Post by malkie »

The student I’m working with is a software tester and customer engineer in a small software development company in Ukraine. They need to be able to work with English-speaking customers in Europe and North America, to understand the clients’ requirements, and to explain how their company’s products can solve client business issues.

We have had six “sessions” so far, and have run over our planned 60 minutes every single time. Now we plan for 90 minutes 😀. We may also need add a second weekly session. This is purely optional, however - definitely not a requirement of the program.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Sounds good, but what I am waiting for is to have Jersey Girl start a thread on the King Charles Coronation combined with a true crime drama element.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Really cool. I am going to give this some serious consideration.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:11 pm
Really cool. I am going to give this some serious consideration.
I would be delighted if Cassius U faculty and administration would pass the word on to family, colleagues, and students who might be interested.

In particular, high school students who are looking for a way to fulfill a social/community involvement requirement might find this interesting, and may find that it is fulfilling in a way that some other activities may not be.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

I'm definitely signing up.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:04 am
Thank you, Father Francis - I hope you have as wonderful an experience as I'm having.

May I send you a PM?
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

malkie wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:31 am
Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:04 am
Thank you, Father Francis - I hope you have as wonderful an experience as I'm having.

May I send you a PM?
Yes.