Science Proves There are More than Two Human Sexes

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Science Proves There are More than Two Human Sexes

Post by Gunnar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT0HJkr1jj4
We're taught that chromosomes define biological sex: XX = female, and XY = male. However it's not quite that straightforward. Hank Green hosts as we explain how science proves that biological sex is a spectrum.
MTG and other extremely conservative politicians are certainly NOT "following the science", as they claim, in their attempts to regulate or legislate LGBTQ issues (or, for that matter, women's health issues, particularly relating to childbirth and abortion)! There are not just two distinct genders as they would like to believe. In addition to distinct males and females, there are hermaphrodites. Plus we have rare but documented instances of males with 2 X chromosomes and females with 2 Y chromosomes and other unusual combinations and number of X and Y chromosomes. Obviously X and Y chromosomes are not the only factors that determine even physically obvious gender characteristics, let alone what gender people self-identify as. Thus it is totally irrational and unjustifiable to pass laws discriminating against people based on what gender they self-identify as, regardless of what physically obvious gender traits they are born with.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Re: Science Proves There are More than Two Human Sexes

Post by Vēritās »

Good stuff. Republicans always seem to be allergic to science.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18