No Country for Brave Men?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

No Country for Brave Men?

Post by Vēritās »

The Federalist wrote a piece defending the man who murdered Jordan Neely on the subway.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/05/th ... -punished/

This is what the Republican party has come to, and they wonder how anyone could possibly confuse them with being racist. :roll:

So a 30 year old black homeless man, Jordan Neely was choked to death by a white marine on the NY subway this week and much of it was caught on camera. Neely was known to many New Yorkers as a street entertainer and Michael Jackson impersonator:
neely.jpg
neely.jpg (93.88 KiB) Viewed 704 times
It is hard to tell from the photo below but I'm guessing the marine is significantly bigger than Neely.
dsfdsfsf.jpg
dsfdsfsf.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 704 times
According to witnesses Neely went on an unhinged rant, talking about how he was hungry, thirst and homeless and he became very aggressive in his talk and threw down his jacket on the ground saying he doesn't care if he goes to jail. At no point did it appear he was armed, and at no point did he threaten to hurt anyone.

But apparently his speech offended one guy who took it upon himself to just kill the guy. He's a trained Marine, so I assume he wasn't completely ignorant of the fact that a 15 minute chokehold would likely cause someone to die. One bystander even warned him to stop squeezing him because he had already defecated on himself and if he's dead he could face a murder charge.

The killer was released and the DA is weighing the evidence before deciding to press charges. But I think it is interesting, especially in light of the Right Wing's recent love affair with "FREE SPEECH" when it comes to defending Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson.

But an outspoken black man on a subway? Who does this guy think he is anyway, someone with the same rights as those with white privilege?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: No Country for Brave Men?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Didn’t a white guy shoot up that mall in Texas?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 4:31 am
The Federalist wrote a piece defending the man who murdered Jordan Neely on the subway.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/05/th ... -punished/

This is what the Republican party has come to, and they wonder how anyone could possibly confuse them with being racist. :roll:

So a 30 year old black homeless man, Jordan Neely was choked to death by a white marine on the NY subway this week and much of it was caught on camera. Neely was known to many New Yorkers as a street entertainer and Michael Jackson impersonator:

neely.jpg

It is hard to tell from the photo below but I'm guessing the marine is significantly bigger than Neely.

dsfdsfsf.jpg

According to witnesses Neely went on an unhinged rant, talking about how he was hungry, thirst and homeless and he became very aggressive in his talk and threw down his jacket on the ground saying he doesn't care if he goes to jail. At no point did it appear he was armed, and at no point did he threaten to hurt anyone.

But apparently his speech offended one guy who took it upon himself to just kill the guy. He's a trained Marine, so I assume he wasn't completely ignorant of the fact that a 15 minute chokehold would likely cause someone to die. One bystander even warned him to stop squeezing him because he had already defecated on himself and if he's dead he could face a murder charge.

The killer was released and the DA is weighing the evidence before deciding to press charges. But I think it is interesting, especially in light of the Right Wing's recent love affair with "FREE SPEECH" when it comes to defending Elon Musk and Tucker Carlson.

But an outspoken black man on a subway? Who does this guy think he is anyway, someone with the same rights as those with white privilege?
What about the other black men holding Neely's arms while the marine put him in the choke hold? Are they white supremacists as well? In fact what evidence do you have that this marine is a white supremacist? Just the fact that he happens to be white? What evidence do you have that Derek Chauvin was racist? You have none.

Secondly most normal people pass out from a choke hold. They don't die unless they're on drugs or have severe underlying conditions. Veritas is obviously trying to stir up the Lamanites again in the same way his side did with George Floyd. Chauvin's knee was not what stopped George from breathing. George was already shouting I can't breathe when he was in the police car. Floyd couldn't breathe because he had taken enough fentanyl to kill a horse. And now that the police have been defunded, Rudy has been run out of office, and the subways and streets have been turned back over to the criminals, it's going to be interesting to see how many liberals are willing to allow themselves to be robbed and assaulted without complaint, and how many are foolish enough to remain in New York and fight back and risk Soros DAs like Bragg putting them away for life. I welcome them to come south and leave the NYC hellhole behind so long as they leave their NYC politics that made NYC what it is today back in NYC.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:25 am
And now that the police have been defunded, Rudy has been run out of office, and the subways and streets have been turned back over to the criminals, it's going to be interesting to see how many liberals are willing to allow themselves to be robbed and assaulted without complaint, and how many are foolish enough to remain in New York and fight back and risk Soros DAs like Bragg putting them away for life. I welcome them to come south and leave the NYC hellhole behind so long as they leave their NYC politics that made NYC what it is today back in NYC.
None of the above makes sense in light of the fact that: NYPD: Violent crime down in first 3 months of 2023!

Can you ever stop making a fool of yourself?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
And now that the police have been defunded, Rudy has been run out of office, and the subways and streets have been turned back over to the criminals, it's going to be interesting to see how many liberals are willing to allow themselves to be robbed and assaulted without complaint, and how many are foolish enough to remain in New York and fight back and risk Soros DAs like Bragg putting them away for life. I welcome them to come south and leave the NYC hellhole behind so long as they leave their NYC politics that made NYC what it is today back in NYC.
What would you know? Manhattan island has 36 thousand police officers on an island that is 13+ miles long and approximately 2.5 miles wide. It's the largest police force in the United States.

Get real. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
What about the other black men holding Neely's arms while the marine put him in the choke hold?
That isn't what killed him, the chokehold did. God you're effin dumb.
Are they white supremacists as well? In fact what evidence do you have that this marine is a white supremacist?

I didn't say he was a white supremacist you retard, learn to damned read.
Secondly most normal people pass out from a choke hold. They don't die unless they're on drugs or have severe underlying conditions.
No one being choked for 15 minutes is expected "just to pass out." Stop pretending as if you have any experience with this. The man was even told he could be killing him and face murder charges and he still wouldn't let go.
Veritas is obviously trying to stir up the Lamanites again in the same way his side did with George Floyd.

As opposed to siding with the murderer like you did? You're damn right.
Chauvin's knee was not what stopped George from breathing. George was already shouting I can't breathe when he was in the police car. Floyd couldn't breathe because he had taken enough fentanyl to kill a horse.
You're recreating history as if we didn't already see this litigated. Coroner ruled that his death was a homicide, which is why Chauvin went to jail you nimrod. The fact that you're still trying to blame the black victim of his own murder even after all the evidence has been laid out for literally years, is just another testament to your neo-Nazi roots coming back and cluttering up your botched attempts to pass yourself off as a reformed Neo-Nazi.
And now that the police have been defunded
The police have not been defunded you idiot.
Rudy has been run out of office
You mean the whacko who is now hiding from his election lies? Yeah, he will be run into the jail cell in a perfect world.
and the subways and streets have been turned back over to the criminals
You're such a gullible FOX News sheeple. They run crap like this on constant loops but ignore the fact that NY is far safer than many Republican run cities, and violent crime has actually been dropping since Biden took office.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Yet another cluster-eff of a situation that everyone will use for their own rhetorical advantage.

Lovely.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Secondly most normal people pass out from a choke hold.
A 15-minute chokehold will make someone tap out permanently.

If race was taken out of the equation, would you still support someone being choked to death on a city street?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 5:22 am
ajax18 wrote:
None of the above makes sense in light of the fact that: NYPD: Violent crime down in first 3 months of 2023!

Can you ever stop making a fool of yourself?
From what I can see, there are four cities in welfare queen Ron DeSentis' Florida that have higher violent crime rates than New York City, and three that have higher property crime rates than New York City.

Curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... crime_rate
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:49 pm

From what I can see, there are four cities in welfare queen Ron DeSentis' Florida that have higher violent crime rates than New York City, and three that have higher property crime rates than New York City.

Curious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... crime_rate
Yes, that too! It is remarkable how consistently and often ajax tries to use arguments that actually hurt the case he is trying to make!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.