No Country for Brave Men?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: No Country for Brave Men?

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:48 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 am
So, Ajax18, how do you feel about RWDS neo-Nazis killing people here in America?

- Doc
One will note Ajax18 refuses to answer this question.

- Doc
Naturally! Isn't this what the 2nd Amendment is for? :roll: :roll:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 pm
Maybe the Neonazis have listened to your critiques and decided to become more inclusive?

This seems like the old liberal trick of counting hispanic crimninals as white to help pad the stats to their narrative.
You do realize there are white Latinos and they the definition of whiteness may vary by country. Plenty of people that identify as black here would be called white in Brazil, for example. I've known people from Cuba with blond hair, blue eyes and pale skin.

Here's a personal example. I was sitting at the nurse's station one day when a few of my Latino colleagues were with me and conversing in Spanish. I'm not even close to fluent in Spanish, but I did take some courses in college and I have a really good accent and pronunciation. I could tell they were talking about their girlfriends. I chimed in (in Spanish) with a couple of long sentences about my girlfriend. I'm white as it gets. They all went silent for a minute and then I explained that I had just given them the best I could offer in Spanish. One of them said they thought I was a white Mexican for a minute.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:09 am
One of them said they thought I was a white Mexican for a minute.
Ajax would be more interested if they had mistaken you for one of the Boys from Brazil.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 11:39 pm
Maybe the Neonazis have listened to your critiques and decided to become more inclusive?

This seems like the old liberal trick of counting hispanic crimninals as white to help pad the stats to their narrative.
Yet another example of you making an abject fool of yourself! Because of your bigotry you Jumped to the conclusion that reporting the shooter was white was nothing but liberal trick "to help pad the stats to their narrative!" You're so insanely bigoted that you jumped to the knee jerk conclusion that because the perpetrator has a Hispanic name, he must be non-white. Have you ever heard of the Senator named Ted Cruz? Have you ever thought that he was not really white because of his Hispanic name?

As Father Francis pointed out to you, there are many Latinos in every Latin-American country who are every bit as White as you are. In fact, as I understand it, the wealthy elite and powerful in Mexico and other Latin-American countries are just as disproportionately white as in our own country, if not more so. And most of them, obviously, have Hispanic names.

But then, you surely know (or should know) all this, since you served as a LDS, missionary in a Latin American country (you once told us). So what happened in your life to turn you into such an apparently intolerant bigot? How can you reconcile the apparently intolerant views, you have so often displayed, with your professed belief in Jesus Christ and his teaching?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Have you ever heard of the Senator named Ted Cruz? Have you ever thought that he was not really white because of his Hispanic name?
Since Ted is a Republican I'm sure you'd contend that he benefited from white privilege. But no, I don't consider Ted a WASP. I think this fact has partially allowed Ted to speak truth to communist power in a way Donald Trump could not.

Do hispanics owe the same reparations to blacks given that some of their ancestors owned slaves or does it only count if your ancestors lived in the USA and owned slaves?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I imagine one could likely make an effective litmus test of sorts out of another's lack of ability to be able to differentiate between race and ethnicity.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:09 pm
I imagine one could likely make an effective litmus test of sorts out of another's lack of ability to be able to differentiate between race and ethnicity.
You've got me. What is the difference between race and ethnicity?

Was Ted counted as white or hispanic at Harvard law for diversity purposes? Did Elizabeth Warren help Harvard law meet the Native American quota or was she counted as white?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:24 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

Was Ted counted as white or hispanic at Harvard law for diversity purposes? Did Elizabeth Warren help Harvard law meet the Native American quota or was she counted as white?
Why don’t you be a good chap and break down Real Whiteness for us, since you seem to have a grasp on it.

Also, are you going to answer my question you’ve been ignoring?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:24 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Merriam-Webster Article On The Two
I don't know. I don't have access to their admission records, or what internal metrics they may have for student body composition.

Regarding Senator Cruz though, and the difference between the two terms. His race is white. His ethnicity is Hispanic (or Latino).
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 12:35 am
We're still waiting on that "manifesto" from the trans TN woman who shot up a Christian school. It's funny how quickly motives are leaked when the shooter comes close enough for you to call him a hispanic white supremacist. But nobody dares to leak the manifesto that shows a motive and leftist influence from a trans woman killing Christian children.
If Courtney Johnson's statement to the conservative New York Post is accurate -- "her manifesto was a blueprint on total destruction, and it was so, so detailed at the level of what she had planned... That document in the wrong person’s hands would be astronomically dangerous" -- do you still think the best thing is to release it so other unhinged leftists can gain inspiration from it and use it as a blueprint for themselves?

If the Trump-inspired manifesto that was released for the guy that killed 20 people half a decade ago contained a blueprint for other acts of terror, I certainly wouldn't have wanted it put out there so other right-wing terrorists, like the recent Nazi-lover, could use it as an inspirational blueprint to kill more innocent people.