Women in space.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: Women in space.

Post by Gadianton »

My guess would have been community stability. That's a long trip, and I think men are prone to get lonely faster, combative, and prone to delusional thinking. Imagine five crew members on a trip to Mars and if just one of them voted for Donald Trump it's a potential disaster. If something irregular happens from mission control, it must be the deep state and God only knows what else they could invent.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Women in space.

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:08 am
My guess would have been community stability. That's a long trip, and I think men are prone to get lonely faster, combative, and prone to delusional thinking. Imagine five crew members on a trip to Mars and if just one of them voted for Donald Trump it's a potential disaster. If something irregular happens from mission control, it must be the deep state and God only knows what else they could invent.
You make good points, but I have to challenge the idea an astronaut would vote for Trump. You have to be pretty smart to be an astronaut. It's hard to imagine any astronaut actually chosen for a mission would be a post-truther.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.