Approval Process

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Approval Process

Post by drumdude »

Huh?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

MasterMahan wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:11 pm
Thank you for closing the gates around here. I think the restrictions have helped the conversation go more correct.
I think you hit the wrong button. The whole point of this board is to minimise the gate closing and moderation, and certainly not to impose a single vision of what is what is not "correct conversation".

Just out of curiosity, what board did you think you were posting to?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I believe this is a spoof.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Uh-huh.

I wonder who this might be?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction...
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

It is good to see that the board is no longer accepting new members which is what I meant by a closed gate. This will definitely help improve acceptable conversation.
I don't see how this helps or improves any conversation. Or, how many sock puppets can I have until I hit a closed gate?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

MasterMahan wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:17 pm
It is good to see that the board is no longer accepting new members which is what I meant by a closed gate. This will definitely help improve acceptable conversation.
New members can join just like they always did. They simply need a valid email address to do so now. All they have to do is click on the link that gets emailed to them, then they're in.

Why would you think we don't accept new members?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:26 am
MasterMahan wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:17 pm
New members can join just like they always did. They simply need a valid email address to do so now. All they have to do is click on the link that gets emailed to them, then they're in.

Why would you think we don't accept new members?
Some of us were under the impression that the recent rash of sock puppetry had lead to a little more oversight of the new membership process. Is that not the case?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Yes. It is as I described. Formerly, you could just type in a fake email address and get right in. Now, one has to have a valid email address that isn’t the same as one currently in use.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:47 pm
Yes. It is as I described. Formerly, you could just type in a fake email address and get right in. Now, one has to have a valid email address that isn’t the same as one currently in use.
Nice tweak. No wonder there were so many different sock accounts. Hopefully this helps the user content-continuity issues, especially with regard to the search function.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.