I Love This Man

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: I Love This Man

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:37 pm
Was this about the household upkeep that he was unhappy about paying?

$1,239 in repairs to an air conditioner at “mom-mom’s cottage”
$1,475 to a painter for “back wall and columns at the lake house”
$2,600 for fixing up a “stone retaining wall at the lake”
$475 “for shutters.”

I thought that these guys were multimillionaires from all of their international crime lord-ish schemes. This should all be easy to pay for. Better yet, why didn’t they just have Bill and Hillary threaten the contractors to do the work for free, “or else” ..?
; )
It turns out that whores and cocaine are expensive. Just ask Hunter's exwife.
Indeed. The going rate for a single tryst with the leading Republican presidential nominee appears to be about $130,000. I wonder how much cocaine it takes to eventually become incontinent, and have to wear adult diapers?

One thing's for certain; I'll never vote for this Hunter Biden guy.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:37 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:50 pm
It turns out that whores and cocaine are expensive. Just ask Hunter's exwife.
Indeed. The going rate for a single tryst with the leading Republican presidential nominee appears to be about $130,000. I wonder how much cocaine it takes to eventually become incontinent, and have to wear adult diapers?

Joe Biden has been in corruption schemes since back in 1995 as a member of Congress. It's just getting harder for him to hide it as the dementia sets in. But his lust for power seems to remain strong.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:40 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

Joe Biden has been in corruption schemes since back in 1995 as a member of Congress. It's just getting harder for him to hide it as the dementia sets in. But his lust for power seems to remain strong.
Somebody should probably investigate that. Like, maybe, the House GOP. Maybe they could even publish a report of their findings.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:

Every accusation is an admission. EVERYTHING, you, Ajax, hate about the Dems’ personal behaviors your Republicans have done just as much, if not more. So, please, stick to rambling about the deep state or abortion or other pretend things you believe the GOP is doing well.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

It's just getting harder for him to hide it as the dementia sets in
Apparently he's doing a fantastic job as he didn't slip even once and send his son an email incriminating himself for something. 127,000 emails and not one.

what did he admit recently that proves his decades of corruption?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:

another episode of "Mars Attacks"
we will be save by Slim Whitman.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:42 pm
ajax18 wrote:

Somebody should probably investigate that. Like, maybe, the House GOP. Maybe they could even publish a report of their findings.
This is the transcript of Ben Shapiro's podcast. Ask Res Ipsa how many people make partner at a major law firm like MBNA after just two years.
Senator Biden was the champion at the time of a bankruptcy reform that financial institutions like MB&A loved. MB&A was Senator Biden's largest source of campaign funds in that reelection. According to Byron York, according to FEC records, MB&A became, by far, Joe Biden's biggest single source of contributions. Company officials gave him $62,000 in the 1996 cycle.

Senator Biden and MBNA formed very tight ties. It's clear then, right after the election, Hunter was roped in. Hunter graduated law school in May 1996.

Within just a few months, he landed a job at MBNA. Less than two years after graduating law school at age 28, Hunter was a senior vice president at MBNA, which was his father's largest donor. Then Hunter passed through the revolving door to work at Bill Clinton's Commerce Department. After Clinton left office, Hunter cashed out and he went back to MBNA.

In the years, Hunter was a consultant for MB&A. MB&A was Senator Biden's largest source of campaign funds, easily. Employees and executives at MB&A give Biden more than 94 grand. So, yes, the corruption is endemic here.

By the way, no one becomes a partner at a law firm after two years. I went to Harvard Law School and then I worked at Goodwin Proctor, which is a major national law firm. You know how long it takes to become a senior associate at a major law firm? It will take you four, five, six years to become a senior associate.

To become a partner, you're talking like 15 years, two years to become a partner at MBNA, a major corporation. Yeah, there's something fishy going on here and there always has been, of course.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax, what does becoming a VP at a bank have to do with becoming partner at a law firm?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:26 pm
Ajax, what does becoming a VP at a bank have to do with becoming partner at a law firm?
Indeed. And is 'MB&A' a distortion of 'MBNA', or vice versa?

Wikipedia: "MBNA Corporation was a bank holding company and parent company of wholly owned subsidiary MBNA America Bank, N.A., headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, prior to being acquired by Bank of America in 2006.[1][2]"

Whatever MB&A may or may not be (realtors? public relations consultants? both are found), they do not appear to be a US law firm.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:39 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:42 pm

This is the transcript of Ben Shapiro's podcast. Ask Res Ipsa how many people make partner at a major law firm like MBNA after just two years.
Senator Biden was the champion at the time of a bankruptcy reform that financial institutions like MB&A loved. MB&A was Senator Biden's largest source of campaign funds in that reelection. According to Byron York, according to FEC records, MB&A became, by far, Joe Biden's biggest single source of contributions. Company officials gave him $62,000 in the 1996 cycle.

Senator Biden and MBNA formed very tight ties. It's clear then, right after the election, Hunter was roped in. Hunter graduated law school in May 1996.

Within just a few months, he landed a job at MBNA. Less than two years after graduating law school at age 28, Hunter was a senior vice president at MBNA, which was his father's largest donor. Then Hunter passed through the revolving door to work at Bill Clinton's Commerce Department. After Clinton left office, Hunter cashed out and he went back to MBNA.

In the years, Hunter was a consultant for MB&A. MB&A was Senator Biden's largest source of campaign funds, easily. Employees and executives at MB&A give Biden more than 94 grand. So, yes, the corruption is endemic here.

By the way, no one becomes a partner at a law firm after two years. I went to Harvard Law School and then I worked at Goodwin Proctor, which is a major national law firm. You know how long it takes to become a senior associate at a major law firm? It will take you four, five, six years to become a senior associate.

To become a partner, you're talking like 15 years, two years to become a partner at MBNA, a major corporation. Yeah, there's something fishy going on here and there always has been, of course.
1. Even if we can trust both the honesty and rationality of Ben Shapiro's ravings and conclusions (which is highly questionable, based on what I have seen of his previous claims), he presented no evidence, that I could see, that President Biden did anything actually criminal or illegal.

2. Even at worst, what he accused Biden of, pales into insignificance compared to both the quantity and enormity of what Trump has already been indicted for, based on what seems to be very compelling, well documented evidence, some of the most damning of which has come from Trump's own stupid, inadvertently self-incriminating statements!

3. What you and Shapiro have presented is nothing but the weakest, least compelling, most desperate and most childish whataboutism. It is approximately on the same level as an immature child desperately trying to deflect attention from his own guilt by claiming that others were guilty of wrongdoing as well.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.