I Love This Man

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: I Love This Man

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:01 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:17 pm

This is the man and family Ajax admires.
If you could ask Ivana how she feels about it, you'd be disappointed. She knew the hatred that the left held for Eric, Don Jr., and Ivanka. The left looked to find a DJT hater in her while she was alive and were sorely disappointed.
Ivana hated weeds even more.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:35 pm
… after he has funded it with their donations to his cause of fighting the people he has cocktails with on the weekends, …
QFT.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Was Ivana abusive to her kids, or something? I get the actions of the former Toddler-in-Chief, but I don't get how the kids could let their mother's grave look like that.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:08 pm
Was Ivana abusive to her kids, or something? I get the actions of the former Toddler-in-Chief, but I don't get how the kids could let their mother's grave look like that.
Perhaps, but anecdotally I've had the misfortune of watching an acquaintance do things I would consider highly disrespectful to the memory of his ex-wife. When pressed, effectively he said he'd cut off any one of the kids that objected. I think when you're at the kind of level it is easy to lose sight of what is important and truly valuable.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:32 pm
Perhaps, but anecdotally I've had the misfortune of watching an acquaintance do things I would consider highly disrespectful to the memory of his ex-wife. When pressed, effectively he said he'd cut off any one of the kids that objected. I think when you're at the kind of level it is easy to lose sight of what is important and truly valuable.
Still, I’d have figured that Don Jr. could take a few dollars from the sale of those super-expensive bibles he’s hawking, and maybe just hire a neighborhood kid with a lawnmower to make a pass over the plot.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:00 pm
Still, I’d have figured that Don Jr. could take a few dollars from the sale of those super-expensive bibles he’s hawking, and maybe just hire a neighborhood kid with a lawnmower to make a pass over the plot.
I would have figured a lot of things with that crowd but as the saying goes, they leave forever astonished but actually never really surprised.

Also, do neighborhood kids even do lawn care anymore? None of the ones around here are ever interested in earning some petty cash (of course in this heat who could blame them).
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon