I Love This Man

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: I Love This Man

Post by canpakes »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:00 pm
Also, here is something just out about the laptop. It seems the FBI admitted it was valid right after the NY Post came out with its story back in October 2020. https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/fbi-told- ... cial-says/
Yes, the laptop is a laptop. The FBI confirmed that.

Stories about what the hard drive reportedly contained, though, were questioned as possibly being disinformation. The veracity of the contents were not addressed in the FBI comment, nor in the link you provided. Bad actors have continued to try to conflate the two.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:31 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:11 pm

I'd like to know. So, why not provide a little more information on this? Also, what do you mean by Trump - $160M and

Kushners - $2B+?
I’ll answer those questions if you can explain the three major components of my position on Hunter Biden’s laptop. In other words, if you actually pay attn to what board posters write, I’ll go through the effort of writing a good-faith answer.

- Doc
You will answer if he proves he knows the three major components of your position on Hunter Biden's laptop? :lol:

Before answering, maybe you should insist that he washes your car and paints your garage too.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:39 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:00 pm
Also, here is something just out about the laptop. It seems the FBI admitted it was valid right after the NY Post came out with its story back in October 2020. https://nypost.com/2023/07/20/fbi-told- ... cial-says/

Stories about what the hard drive reportedly contained, though, were questioned as possibly being disinformation. The veracity of the contents were not addressed in the FBI comment, nor in the link you provided. Bad actors have continued to try to conflate the two.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-bid ... -analysis/

CBS had a forensic analysis commissioned on a clean copy of the lap top and found no additions or tampering from the time Hunter dropped it off until the time the forensic analysis was done.

But, how can we really know anything, especially when it comes to negative news about the team leader?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:51 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:39 pm

CBS had a forensic analysis commissioned on a clean copy of the lap top and found no additions or tampering from the time Hunter dropped it off until the time the forensic analysis was done.

But, how can we really know anything, especially when it comes to negative news about the team leader?
That’s still not addressing a couple of issues.

One can make a copy of the hard drive, and then one can alter the existing hard drive afterwards. Or one can alter the data from the drive within one copy that they possess, regardless of another particular or separate copy appearing to be free from tampering:
Several emails within a cache of more than 128,700 emails allegedly associated with a Hunter Biden laptop that allies of and former staff of President Donald Trump are circulating show “signs of tampering,” according to a recent analysis.

Distributed Denial of Secrets, a nonprofit transparency journalism outlet focused on bringing newsworthy documents and data to light, published the findings Saturday.

“There are considerable issues with this dataset including signs of tampering, as well as misconceptions about its contents,” a write-up of the organization’s findings reads. “More than one altered or implanted emails was detected in a version of the dataset distributed by Trump allies and former staffers.”
https://cyberscoop.com/hunter-biden-ema ... mp-allies/

To recap, you can have in your hand a clean, verified duplicate of the laptop’s hard drive, and there can also be other copies that you are unaware of that have been altered, or data copied from that drive that has been manipulated.

Did it ever make you wonder why all of the supposed ‘smoking gun’ emails were presented as images of a screenshot?
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:16 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:51 pm

One can make a copy of the hard drive, and then one can alter the existing hard drive afterwards. Or one can alter the data from the drive within one copy that they possess, regardless of another particular or separate copy appearing to be free from tampering:
Several emails within a cache of more than 128,700 emails allegedly associated with a Hunter Biden laptop that allies of and former staff of President Donald Trump are circulating show “signs of tampering,” according to a recent analysis.

Distributed Denial of Secrets, a nonprofit transparency journalism outlet focused on bringing newsworthy documents and data to light, published the findings Saturday.

“There are considerable issues with this dataset including signs of tampering, as well as misconceptions about its contents,” a write-up of the organization’s findings reads. “More than one altered or implanted emails was detected in a version of the dataset distributed by Trump allies and former staffers.”

To recap, you can have in your hand a clean, verified duplicate of the laptop’s hard drive, and there can also be other copies that you are unaware of that have been altered, or data copied from that drive that has been manipulated.

Did it ever make you wonder why all of the supposed ‘smoking gun’ emails were presented as images of a screenshot?
So, have the FBI produce the laptop. It is in possession of it and producing it can satisfy this mystery. However, I suspect, for some reason, "national security" or "ongoing investigation" (perhaps a 20 plus year investigation?) would be the excuse as to why it won't produce the laptop.

Even so, the clean copy in possession of the repair guy was shown to not have been tampered or altered. So, let's use that true and correct copy? Wouldn't that satisfy those that want to muddy the waters? Although, here again, muddy waters is the new favorite singer of the democratic party when it comes to the laptop.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:23 pm
So, have the FBI produce the laptop.
The questions would be, ‘to who’, and ‘for what reason’?
Even so, the clean copy in possession of the repair guy was shown to not have been tampered or altered. So, let's use that true and correct copy?
I don’t have a problem with that, provided, is there reasonable cause to search the contents? You’re a lawyer, so I’ll need to have your opinion on that.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr Exiled wrote:
canpakes wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:16 pm

To recap, you can have in your hand a clean, verified duplicate of the laptop’s hat drive, and there can also be other copies that you are unaware of that have been altered, or data copied from that drive that has been manipulated.

So, have the FBI produce the laptop. It is in possession of it and producing it can satisfy this mystery. However, I suspect, for some reason, "national security" or "ongoing investigation" (perhaps a 20 plus year investigation?) would be the excuse as to why it won't produce the laptop.

Even so, the clean copy in possession of the repair guy was shown to not have been tampered or altered. So, let's use that true and correct copy? Wouldn't that satisfy those that want to muddy the waters? Although, here again, muddy waters is the new favorite singer of the democratic party when it comes to the laptop.
Do you have a link to the report of how the data on the laptop was evaluated?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:54 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
So, have the FBI produce the laptop.
The questions would be, ‘to who’, and ‘for what reason’?
Even so, the clean copy in possession of the repair guy was shown to not have been tampered or altered. So, let's use that true and correct copy?
I don’t have a problem with that, provided, is there reasonable cause to search the contents? You’re a lawyer, so I’ll need to have your opinion on that.
The house has investigative authority regarding these issues and so, the house can subpoena the FBI laptop.

Yes as to searching the laptop. First Hunter neglected to pick up the laptop and under contract, the laptop became the property of the repair guy after a certain time period. So, he had the right to look at his property. Second, he found evidence of possible crimes contained therein and that is enough to search the contents under a probable cause standard.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:03 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:

CBS news only reported that it commissioned a forensic study and published the results. Anyway, the FBI has the laptop and so it could disabuse all the republicans if it wanted to. However, the FBI is, for some reason, is reluctant to supply anything regarding this story and remained silent when the validity of the laptop story was questioned by Twitter personnel back in Oct, 2020.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:19 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:03 pm
CBS news only reported that it commissioned a forensic study and published the results. Anyway, the FBI has the laptop and so it could disabuse all the republicans if it wanted to. However, the FBI is, for some reason, is reluctant to supply anything regarding this story and remained silent when the validity of the laptop story was questioned by Twitter personnel back in Oct, 2020.
-_-

Nothing from the laptop has revealed illegal or unethical behavior by Joe Biden as vice president with regard to his son's tenure as a director for Burisma.

My question for the bad-faith laptop goblins out there was why didn’t GOP operatives simply post a copy of the laptop online? If it’s as damning as they either say or imply, it would’ve been published in a NY minute? My guess is they like to male out of nothing, so by keeping it unpublished they can keep lying about its contents with regard to Biden, and thei base, as usual, gobbles it up.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.