Pro Life?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Pro Life?

Post by Vēritās »

vxcvxc.jpg
vxcvxc.jpg (106.82 KiB) Viewed 420 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 pm
vxcvxc.jpg
Hypocrisy and reveling in being an asshole is the GOP brand.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:46 pm
I really think the pro-choice lobby needs to start talking about how certain fetuses are home invaders that you should be allowed to kill in self-defense. They have to phrase it in language stupid people will understand.

There is no ‘pro-life’ position that does not assign a relative value or preference to one life over another within the mother-fetus pair, and that does not willingly and fully support the possible death of the mother in some situations. Because of this, there’s not much of a moral advantage to any ‘pro life’ position compared to reasonable ‘pro choice’ positions.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:53 am
There is no ‘pro-life’ position that does not assign a relative value or preference to one life over another within the mother-fetus pair, and that does not willingly and fully support the possible death of the mother in some situations. Because of this, there’s not much of a moral advantage to any ‘pro life’ position compared to reasonable ‘pro choice’ positions.
Excellent point.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

There are few things more important than keeping Trump out of the presidency, and the entire GOP should be doing everything in their power to prevent Trump from running. Only their moral and intellectual failure, oh, and failure of nerve, keeps them subservient to that vulgar moron.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Cube 7
Nursery

Post by Cube 7 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:29 pm
There are few things more important than keeping Trump out of the presidency, and the entire GOP should be doing everything in their power to prevent Trump from running. Only their moral and intellectual failure, oh, and failure of nerve, keeps them subservient to that vulgar moron.
I've been following your posts for months and this is the first time I felt compelled to comment because your last post in this thread is so ludicrous it's nearly unbelievable! The four years of my life under a Trump presidency were essentially the same as the eight years under an Obama presidency. Trump and Obama both positioned themselves as strong leaders with sharp brains and outstanding intellect. They appeared to love our country and were eager to protect the American people since that was their job. But, in my judgement, the foolishness that has now infested the Democrats is irreversible. They have allowed the far left element of their party to destroy any credibility they once had by supporting absurd goals like child genital mutilation and allowing men to compete in women's sports.

My husband has always identified as a Republican, while I have always identified as a southern Democrat, but I can't see how I can continue to support the Democratic Party, especially after hearing John Fetterman present President Biden at an event in Philadelphia on Saturday. Yes, he was stumbling for words when he called Joe Biden a collapsed bridge, but is this the best the Democrats have to offer? Seeing Biden and Fetterman together made me think about how the Democratic Party has crumbled like a collapsed bridge. Why are the Democrats ignoring RFK, who polls about 25%, and propping up an elderly man whose mental state is clearly deteriorating? But you're worrying about Donald Trump while the Democrats are ignoring a presidential candidate who can connect sentences together on a daily basis.
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Cube 7 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:48 pm
sharp brains and outstanding intellect
As the British say:

Pull the other leg, it's got bells on.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Cube 7 wrote:
I've been following your posts for months and this is the first time I felt compelled to comment because your last post in this thread is so ludicrous it's nearly unbelievable! The four years of my life under a Trump presidency were essentially the same as the eight years under an Obama presidency. Trump and Obama both positioned themselves as strong leaders with sharp brains and outstanding intellect. They appeared to love our country and were eager to protect the American people since that was their job. But, in my judgement, the foolishness that has now infested the Democrats is irreversible. They have allowed the far left element of their party to destroy any credibility they once had by supporting absurd goals like child genital mutilation and allowing men to compete in women's sports.

My husband has always identified as a Republican, while I have always identified as a southern Democrat, but I can't see how I can continue to support the Democratic Party, especially after hearing John Fetterman present President Biden at an event in Philadelphia on Saturday. Yes, he was stumbling for words when he called Joe Biden a collapsed bridge, but is this the best the Democrats have to offer? Seeing Biden and Fetterman together made me think about how the Democratic Party has crumbled like a collapsed bridge. Why are the Democrats ignoring RFK, who polls about 25%, and propping up an elderly man whose mental state is clearly deteriorating? But you're worrying about Donald Trump while the Democrats are ignoring a presidential candidate who can connect sentences together on a daily basis.
I hesitate to start an exchange with a person who is so clearly on a wildly different page when it comes to even basic facts. And this is the problem. Where to begin? Cube 7 thinks this all makes absolute sense, whereas I see in Trump a president who was twice impeached and has been indicted multiple time in different jurisdictions for serious crimes. To compare this with Biden being too old (duh) is to severely lack perspective. By the way, Biden struggles with speech because he overcame a speech impediment and clearly has trouble keeping it in check as an older man. But that really is beside the point. You really can't keep a republic if a sufficient number of people ignore the anti-democratic lawlessness of a man like Trump and are ready to put him in office again because they think he: "loves the country" and "has sharp brains."
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:03 pm
I hesitate to start an exchange with a person who is so clearly on a wildly different page when it comes to even basic facts. And this is the problem. Where to begin? Cube 7 thinks this all makes absolute sense, whereas I see in Trump a president who was twice impeached and has been indicted multiple time in different jurisdictions for serious crimes. To compare this with Biden being too old (duh) is to severely lack perspective. By the way, Biden struggles with speech because he overcame a speech impediment and clearly has trouble keeping it in check as an older man. But that really is beside the point. You really can't keep a republic if a sufficient number of people ignore the anti-democratic lawlessness of a man like Trump and are ready to put him in office again because they think he: "loves the country" and "has sharp brains."
I struggle to identify the reason someone is that wrong on basic facts. Are they wrong because they're stupid/misinformed, or are they wrong because they are consciously lying?

I mean, to even put it out there that Trump "loves the country" shows such a lack of awareness of his personality and the actions he's taken. People who love the country do not try to change it from a democracy to an autocracy. They don't criticize every government institution who happens to disagree with them. They don't steal classified documents and refuse to give them back. They don't try to divide the country like a demagogue. They don't lie about it daily.

Obama didn't "[position himself] as [a] strong [leader] with sharp brains and outstanding intellect." Others did that. Trump certainly tried to, but only idiots bought it. How on earth does anyone with two brain cells to rub together confuse Trump with a smart person?

Are they stupid or lying? It's the eternal question to ask of anyone who supports Trump.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Cube 7 wrote:
… especially after hearing John Fetterman present President Biden at an event in Philadelphia on Saturday. Yes, he was stumbling for words when he called Joe Biden a collapsed bridge, but is this the best the Democrats have to offer?
You would do well to remember Fetterman beat the Republican candidate, Dr. Oz. So, if you’re displeased with Fetterman, it’s the Republicans nominating an ostensibly worse candidate. Take your complaints up with the Republicans since they’re not fielding candidates who can beat the Democrats in PA and our countrywrit large currently for the Presidency.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.