Pro Life?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Pro Life?

Post by canpakes »

Cube 7 wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:48 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:29 pm
There are few things more important than keeping Trump out of the presidency, and the entire GOP should be doing everything in their power to prevent Trump from running. Only their moral and intellectual failure, oh, and failure of nerve, keeps them subservient to that vulgar moron.
I've been following your posts for months and this is the first time I felt compelled to comment because your last post in this thread is so ludicrous it's nearly unbelievable! The four years of my life under a Trump presidency were essentially the same as the eight years under an Obama presidency. Trump and Obama both positioned themselves as strong leaders with sharp brains and outstanding intellect. They appeared to love our country and were eager to protect the American people since that was their job. But, in my judgement, the foolishness that has now infested the Democrats is irreversible. They have allowed the far left element of their party to destroy any credibility they once had by supporting absurd goals like child genital mutilation and allowing men to compete in women's sports.
You might want to re-examine some of your claims.

1. Recent changes to Title IX prohibits sex-based discrimination in federally funded education programs and generally makes it illegal for schools to broadly ban transgender students from sports teams that align with their gender identity, rather than their assigned sex at birth. But, the changes also give schools flexibility to ban transgender athletes depending on age and sport.

2. No one in any Administration is “supporting the absurd goal of child genital mutilation”.

My husband has always identified as a Republican, while I have always identified as a southern Democrat, but I can't see how I can continue to support the Democratic Party, especially after hearing John Fetterman present President Biden at an event in Philadelphia on Saturday. Yes, he was stumbling for words when he called Joe Biden a collapsed bridge, but is this the best the Democrats have to offer? Seeing Biden and Fetterman together made me think about how the Democratic Party has crumbled like a collapsed bridge.
Meanwhile, the favorite candidate currently being offered up by the other side is a man who has apparently absconded with and revealed classified docs to random folks, has been married 3x and cheated on all of his wives, has been accused of multiple instances - and convicted once - of sexual assault, runs an organization convicted of tax fraud, and is known for a long history of branded grifting schemes.

I guess that we’ll see where the primaries take us.