You're Wrong

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Tim
Star A

You're Wrong

Post by Tim »

I'm a podcaster and I thought I'd share my work with all-y'all. I talk about anything that you're not allowed to talk about in polite company. I put quite a bit of work into my latest episode. It's about how there can no longer be a reluctant Trump voter.

https://thewrongpodcast.com/2023/05/epi ... ath-of-me/
Some Schmo
God

Re: You're Wrong

Post by Some Schmo »

I make the case and present the evidence that reluctant Trump voters should no longer remain reluctant. For those voters concerned about Woke ideology and the agenda of the Left, the choice has been made.
If you're more worried about "woke ideology" (whatever the hell you think that is) than you're worried about the GOP's current authoritarian inclination, then I think your priorities are screwed up.

There's no doubt that some people take political correctness too far. I hate that crap too. That is likely the extent of my agreement, and it really has nothing to do with the democratic party. Both sides whine and want to cancel the people they disagree with. You think that's only on the left? If so, that's insane. The right is up to their eyeballs in trying to cancel people and corporations they don't like. You seen Bud Light stock lately? Target?

I do not take people's oversensitivity on mostly irrelevant social issues more seriously than I take GOP members of Congress trying to turn this country into an American version of North Korea. I've never lived in an authoritarian country, and I'm happy to keep it that way. There's a rumor going around that dictatorships suck ass.

Nobody's making you say anything right now, so be as anti-woke as you want. Just don't vote for your rights to be taken away. We know, the GOP is the party of taking away human rights.

Oh, and by the way, Trump's a damned moron. Nobody should be a "reluctant Trump voter" or any other kind of Trump voter.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:53 pm

If you're more worried about "woke ideology" (whatever the hell you think that is) than you're worried about the GOP's current authoritarian inclination, then I think your priorities are screwed up.
Thanks for checking it out. Did you happen to listen to it? Or did my vague description just trigger something for you?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Tim wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 11:01 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:53 pm

Thanks for checking it out. Did you happen to listen to it? Or did my vague description just trigger something for you?
After basically agreeing Trump is an immoral rapist, you go on to say we should vote for him anyway. And that most of his voters are good people with morals! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are you hoping to lure over there from here? Ajax18?

Funny how character always mattered to these Right Wing Christian voters... until one of their guys is shown to have the worst character in the history of Presidential candidates. Then suddenly character doesn't matter. Vote for the "policies."

What policies? All Trump accomplished was appointing religious nuts who were unqualified to serve on the bench, and gave trillions in tax cuts to his wealthiest friends and family. That's all he sees the office as, another opportunity to grift. And a way to stroke his ridiculous ego. Why would anyone consider reelecting someone who tried to overthrow our democracy?
Last edited by Vēritās on Wed May 31, 2023 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:29 am
After basically agreeing Trump is an immoral rapist, you go on to say you should vote for him anyway.
What podcast did you listen to?!?
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Tim wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:36 am
Vēritās wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:29 am
After basically agreeing Trump is an immoral rapist, you go on to say you should vote for him anyway.
What podcast did you listen to?!?
I listened to about 10 minutes of the latest podcast. I can't listen to any one person lecture for an hour unless I'm getting college credit for it.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

I agree that the abandonment of character as a prerequisite of leadership is both hypocritical and distressing.

I'll give you a .5 credit for summer work 😉
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I'm a little confused, Tim, I watched most of the "reluctant death" podcast but that's not your podcast right? It's MBR's podcast, and you were a guest.

Interesting to hear your background in a missionary family. If I recall from my mission, the Church of the Nazarene was considered a cult.

Was there supposed to be a link from this podcast to a podcast that's yours, where you're the guy with the hat and the microphone?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:42 am
I'm a little confused, Tim, I watched most of the "reluctant death" podcast but that's not your podcast right? It's MBR's podcast, and you were a guest.

Interesting to hear your background in a missionary family. If I recall from my mission, the Church of the Nazarene was considered a cult.

Was there supposed to be a link from this podcast to a podcast that's yours, where you're the guy with the hat and the microphone?
His is the audio link underneath, not the video above.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tim
Star A

Post by Tim »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:42 am

Go back to the link. I removed the embedded video of my MBR interview. (But thanks for watching that).

Where was your mission? Church of the Nazarene is a very normies protestant denomination. Maybe you had it confused with something else.