Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:15 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:28 am
What do you guys think about how Christie handles himself in this 12 minute + interview?

Chris Christie: There's no reason to show mercy for Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NN8PdWpyho
Christie was the smartest guy up there. Also, Vivek Ramaswamy is a lying snake in the grass who will say anything and told several whoppers that did not pass a fact check. Does that mean Vivek is a substitute for Trump? Partially. Would Ajax consider him a brother with an okay skin color? Who knows.

---
Beschloss invokes King: 'Arc of the moral universe is long, but in Fulton County bends toward justice'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GwrXZoCkM
Vivek won me over when he slammed Christy for giving Obama a hug and helping him win the 2012 election. I could see Trump passing the torch to Vivek. But given the deep state can financially ruin anyone that opposes them politically, it's foolish to think elections aren't rigged. Democracy will never restore freedom.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:15 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:28 am
What do you guys think about how Christie handles himself in this 12 minute + interview?

Chris Christie: There's no reason to show mercy for Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NN8PdWpyho
Christie was the smartest guy up there. Also, Vivek Ramaswamy is a lying snake in the grass who will say anything and told several whoppers that did not pass a fact check. Does that mean Vivek is a substitute for Trump? Partially. Would Ajax consider him a brother with an okay skin color? Who knows.

---
Beschloss invokes King: 'Arc of the moral universe is long, but in Fulton County bends toward justice'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-GwrXZoCkM
I didn't watch the debate so I don't know about Vivek Ramaswamy at all though I'm sure I'll investigate him eventually. I agree with what you said about Christie. I am sure he has his shortcomings but the man is sharp as a tack and isn't at all intimidated by Trump as most others seem to be. He appears to be comfortable to stand on his own and cut from the herd.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I'm not sure why Christie is up there. His platform is unpopular and surely he and his financial backers realize that. So why waste the money? Maybe they just want to get a few shots in against those that don't want open borders, trade deficits, put America last, fund forever wars, eternal welfare, and fund the deep state to jail anyone who resists that through weaponization of the partisan political justice system.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:03 am
Democracy will never restore freedom.
Ajax,

Specially name one freedom you have lost.

Name an alternative system you believe would better safeguard the freedom you have identified as being lost.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:

Vivek won me over when he slammed Christy for giving Obama a hug and helping him win the 2012 election.
Please show me evidence that Christie gave a hug to Obama.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:40 pm
ajax18 wrote:

Vivek won me over when he slammed Christy for giving Obama a hug and helping him win the 2012 election.
Please show me evidence that Christie gave a hug to Obama.
Interesting, you're right. Maybe it wasn't a hug but just a handshake and a pat on the back. He just helped Obama get a bipartisan poll bump 6 days before the 2012 election. Let's look at it this way, would Gavin Newsom or Gov. Cuomo have shook hands with Trump to help in his warp speed COVID vax? Of course not, their loyalty to party supersedes any loyalty to the welfare of the people of their state. If Republicans were even half as loyal to each other as Democrats, we'd never lose. We chose Trump because we need a brawler willing to get down and fight dirty the way the Democrats have done for decades. Repeating Trump is all wrong, all bad, beneath the office of the president etc, isn't going to get Christy anywhere in a Republican primary and he should know that? So why is he doing it? Why not talk a little more about Joe Biden enriching himself and the entire family through his son Hunter's influence pedaling? Perhaps talk about the fact that the Biden family has illegal guns and doesn't pay their taxes in spite of their call for gun control and for the rich to pay their fair share. At the very least Joe Biden has a different standard of justice for his son than any other American citizen. I don't think Chris Christy is trying to win the nomination. Why would Jeb Bush call illegal immigration an act of love? If you believe in open borders, at least understand that this isn't a popular position with working class taxpaying Republicans, and be smart enough to either not talk about it or lie like his Bro. GWB did when he said I believe we should enforce our borders. Otherwise, why are you even spending the money to run on an unpopular platform that is doomed to lose?

Then the question came whether he would pardon Trump and he hesitated. If Trump doesn't win this election, the deep state and their partisan political enforcement of the law will prevail because none of the RINOs will be willing to call it what it is. In my mind, if it isn't Trump, than it can't be Christy, Hutchinson, nor any other Republican not willing to purge the deep state and put an end to the two tiered system of justice and the weaponization of the IRS, DOJ, and other institutions against conservatives who dare to challenge the Democrat party.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:57 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Democracy will never restore freedom.
Ajax,

Specially name one freedom you have lost.

The freedom of the voters to choose a candidate willing to put America first and drain the swamp. The idea that career bureaucrats in the executive branch of government should be a check on power against a democratically elected president is unconstitutional. Income taxes is a definitely a percentage of our freedom that we've lost. The right to private property has also been taken by big business and big government who have maintained a wide open southern border in spite of the majority wanting the border to be enforced. This has resulted in wages being lowered and taxes to pay for these illegal immigrants being elevated. The 1st amendment right to post conservative points of view (many of which turned out to be true during the scamdemic) has been usurped by the BIden administration coordinating with the big tech to suppress political speech of those who oppose the Democrat party. We have the weaponization of the IRS against conservatives by the Obama administration. Then we have election interference by the DOJ dating back to 2015 against Donald Trump, and now trying to bankrupt Trump for doing the same thing Hillary Clinton did in the classified documents case, the same thing many Democrats have done in challenging an election, and a few more idiotic cases that have little to no merit but bankrupt the defendant, nevertheless.
Name an alternative system you believe would better safeguard the freedom you have identified as being lost.
Any legal system only works to the extent the people in it are moral. The only thing I see that will finally solve the problem is judgment day. I don't believe in a God of unconditional love. Good must ultimately be separated from evil in order for good to exist. I don't believe in God given rights any more than food is God given. Someone still had to fight and die quite often to have any of the rights we have today. Someone had to develop the weapons technology it would take to win. Someone would have to put up the money it would take to fund the war effort.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:35 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:57 pm
Ajax,

Specifically name one freedom you have lost.
The freedom of the voters to choose a candidate willing to put America first and drain the swamp.
What do you mean by this? You aren't able to vote for a candidate you prefer because of democracy? Or do you mean the candidate you prefer isn't being elected? I don't see your freedom to vote being abridged.
The idea that career bureaucrats in the executive branch of government should be a check on power against a democratically elected president is unconstitutional.
What freedom is being infringed again? This just seems like you aren't happy.
Income taxes is a definitely a percentage of our freedom that we've lost.
Again, what? I asked you to name a specific freedom democracy has failed to prevent you from losing and you are saying you have to pay taxes. There isn't a freedom being infringed here. You're just unhappy.
The right to private property has also been taken by big business and big government who have maintained a wide open southern border in spite of the majority wanting the border to be enforced. This has resulted in wages being lowered and taxes to pay for these illegal immigrants being elevated.

Your private property rights have been infringed due to undocumented immigration? What you describe isn't a freedom being infringed. It's you being unhappy.
The 1st amendment right to post conservative points of view (many of which turned out to be true during the scamdemic) has been usurped by the BIden administration coordinating with the big tech to suppress political speech of those who oppose the Democrat party.
Have your 1st amendment rights been infringed? Do you recall the details and can share them? What you describe above is just a claim without actual evidence. Again, I'd love to see you share a specific example you support with evidence.
We have the weaponization of the IRS against conservatives by the Obama administration. Then we have election interference by the DOJ dating back to 2015 against Donald Trump, and now trying to bankrupt Trump for doing the same thing Hillary Clinton did in the classified documents case, the same thing many Democrats have done in challenging an election, and a few more idiotic cases that have little to no merit but bankrupt the defendant, nevertheless.
What?

Do you actually know what freedoms are and how that concept works? Cuz it seems like you use it to refer to a lot of things that are not freedoms but rather political propaganda claims.

Any legal system only works to the extent the people in it are moral.
So you're now onboard with Trump being held accountable for attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election?
The only thing I see that will finally solve the problem is judgment day. I don't believe in a God of unconditional love. Good must ultimately be separated from evil in order for good to exist. I don't believe in God given rights any more than food is God given. Someone still had to fight and die quite often to have any of the rights we have today. Someone had to develop the weapons technology it would take to win. Someone would have to put up the money it would take to fund the war effort.
Ah. You aren't happy and hope God will destroy everyone who doesn't think like you. Hmmm.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

It looks like linkedin has banned Vivek Ramaswamy's account. That didn't take long.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:35 am
It looks like linkedin has banned Vivek Ramaswamy's account. That didn't take long.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivekgramaswamy

Are you incapable of fact checking yourself before posting?