Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:44 am
Couple of things I wanted to say. First, this thread isn't about Hunter freaking Biden. Stop continuously driving threads off topic, ajax18. If you want to talk about Hunter Biden, then by all means start a thread of your own.

I have no idea why mods aren't splitting off your comments.

With regard to Christie. Yes, he's steam rolling over Trump because he's the only one who can do it well and without fear, but when I listen to him speak, I listen carefully for what he doesn't say. Example, foreign policy, for which his commentary is very generalized. I know he probably isn't privy to briefs and doesn't have specifics in hand. I'll keep checking in with him as he speaks.
How is he steamrolling over Trump. Have you looked at the polls? The days of RINOs talking down to their base and finding themselves competing in general elections due to false promises of electability are over.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax, is Bret Baier of Fox News now working for the deep state? I just watched him interview Trump; oh man.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:36 am
Ajax, is Bret Baier of Fox News now working for the deep state? I just watched him interview Trump; oh man.
It reminded me of Trump's lawyers saying you could never put him on the stand since he would immediately perjure himself. In between his confessing, Trump's interview was peppered with lie after lie in concocting his feeble rationale. Jack Smith will definitely use that material during the upcoming trial unless Trump seeks a plea deal ahead of time.

I think Judge Cannon should specify a very comfortable vibrating recliner for the Secret Service agent posted outside the cell, and that Trump be given his own cell with a copy of the Resolute Desk and a good Zoom connection for him to give his acceptance speech and call for the dissolution of the United States at the Republican National Convention.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:36 am
Ben Shapiro is right that being Trump's lawyer is the worlds worst job. That being said most Americans surely now see that we clearly live under a partisan political justice system. I'm not sure the country should remain united under such gross injustice. We need a national divorce whenever the chance get out from under the heel of the tyrannical majority presents itself. This is tyranny.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Okay, say you get the national divorce. We'll just send a spy and your president for life will reveal enough defense secrets for us to quickly take you back over again.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:29 am
Okay, say you get the national divorce. We'll just send a spy and your president for life will reveal enough defense secrets for us to quickly take you back over again.
The question is would we want to. Trump country would just be a bunch of dumb hicks wondering why their country has no money or jobs and looking for the next group to blame and divorce.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:49 pm
Gadianton wrote:
The question is would we want to. Trump country would just be a bunch of dumb hicks wondering why their country has no money or jobs...
...and old. Average age in Trumplandia would have to be well over 60.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:49 pm
Gadianton wrote:
The question is would we want to. Trump country would just be a bunch of dumb hicks wondering why their country has no money or jobs and looking for the next group to blame and divorce.
It makes sense. There's a reason the US never annexed Mexico after conquering the country.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:11 pm
It makes sense. There's a reason the US never annexed Mexico after conquering the country.
I know that there's a weird revisionist history trend in certain areas and political ideologies, but the Mexican Cession actually happened. In the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Mexico lost about half of its land to the United States. Almost 15% of the United States' current territory used to be Mexico.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:18 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:11 pm
I know that there's a weird revisionist history trend in certain areas and political ideologies, but the Mexican Cession actually happened. In the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Mexico lost about half of its land to the United States. Almost 15% of the United States' current territory used to be Mexico.
We could have taken all of it if we wanted. But we only took the parts that had very few Mexicans living there.

At least we're getting a view of what Democrat gun control would look like with the Hunter Biden case.