Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

Post by Some Schmo »

I must say, I enjoy listening to Christie these days. It's nice to hear a Republican tell the truth for once (not that everything he says is exactly accurate, but his batting average for truth is exponentially higher than anyone else's in the 2024 race). It definitely makes him a unique voice in the GOP primaries.

If he were the GOP nominee (never gonna happen), I'd seriously consider voting for him, even though I'm wary of some of his policies. There are two main things that would prevent it: imminent Supreme Court nominations, and the fact that the GOP is fundamentally corrupted these days. I'm not sure I can vote for another Republican until they reject their fantasyland and rejoin the rest of society in the real world.

Oh, and they have to start showing they value democracy as a party, for “F”'s sake. So yeah, I doubt I'll vote GOP... but still, I like what Christie's putting out there these days.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Maybe Chris Christie will realize he's in the wrong party and run as a Democrat. He seems more popular with Democrats than Republicans.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:24 am
Maybe Chris Christie will realize he's in the wrong party and run as a Democrat.
His penchant for the truth confirms that he is indeed in a party that is way different than the one he initially signed up for. Joe Biden exudes honesty and stands as the polar opposite of the other Republican candidates who will support any lie Trump comes up with, but I think he is too old.

I wish the Democrats would turn their eyes to Pete Buttigieg who shines with youth, intelligence, and honesty: qualities that are anathema to MAGA Republicans but are qualities that would benefit America.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:24 am
ajax18 wrote:
Maybe Chris Christie will realize he's in the wrong party and run as a Democrat.
His penchant for the truth confirms that he is indeed in a party that is way different than the one he initially signed up for. Joe Biden exudes honesty and stands as the polar opposite of the other Republican candidates who will support any lie Trump comes up with, but I think he is too old.

I wish the Democrats would turn their eyes to Pete Buttigieg who shines with youth, intelligence, and honesty: qualities that are anathema to MAGA Republicans but are qualities that would benefit America.
"Hunter is the smartest man I know."

"My son has done nothing wrong."

"50 intelligence officers have determined this laptop to be a Russian plant."

"I don't know anything about my family's overseas business deals."

Yeah, I'd say Chris Christie is about as honest as Joe Biden. Whether it's bridgegate or calling Joe Biden a racist who kept Kamala Harris from going to school with white kids, the democrats are no strangers to engaging in character assasination or falsely portraying heroism depending on how they want an election to turn out. That too is a Joe Biden type of honesty.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Maybe Chris Christie will realize he's in the wrong party and run as a Democrat. He seems more popular with Democrats than Republicans.
Could be. If insanity is the order of the day in the GOP, then sanity has to be pretty damn unpopular, and Christie is definitely acknowledging in public a lot more of reality these days than his fellow Republicans who are seeking political office. The ones who are getting out or anticipating being retired by their constituents also seem to recognize and talk about reality too.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:42 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Could be. If insanity is the order of the day in the GOP, then sanity has to be pretty damn unpopular, and Christie is definitely acknowledging in public a lot more of reality these days than his fellow Republicans who are seeking political office. The ones who are getting out or anticipating being retired by their constituents also seem to recognize and talk about reality too.
One reality is that the US is already screwed. Another reality is that Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, and Chris Christie's constituents watch CNN or MSNBC which are the only Networks they speak on.. It's kind of hard to run as a Republucan and win when your constituency consists of a few right leaning Democrats who might crossover 0.01% of the time. Talking down to your base and praising the opposition has proven to be a recipe for failure in a democracy, something the left falsely claims they want to preserve.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

As Ajax will tell you, showing nuclear secrets to random strangers does not rise to the level of Hunter Biden's crime of taking bribes from Ben Gazee. He was assisted by Chris Christie and possibly Gadianton and Kishkumen (at least attested to by Senator Grassley in an FBI report that he had not seen).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

four quotes over how many years? Three to four years to cull as many questionable quotes from Biden (and all pertaining to his son) as you get in three hours over at truth something from uncle don. But you know that. Even you, Ajax, didn't accept the election lies of your party while it was happening, but in the last little while you repeat what you know is a lie yourself.

All politicians lie sometimes, Dems or no different, however to be a Republican in good graces with the base today, the new rule is you've got to stand up and just lie nonstop. Like, every last thing you say must be as big of a lie you can think of in that moment. And it helps if you inject a ton of collagen into your lips for the occasion.

The reason why it stands out more if a Dem says something shady or in this case hokey about his wayward kid is because we hold non-non-RINOs to a different standard. It's like, when you are a teenager getting into trouble all the time and then you see mom or dad doing something wrong, it really hits you because they're supposed to set the example. And there is some truth to that. Those outside the Christian-neo-nazi coalition for Trump or DeSantis need to be very careful not to allow the disintegrating morality of the religious right to become an excuse to ease our own standards.

With a broken right wing, the left wing must work twice as hard to keep the bird in the air.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The GOP base is so thoughtless and robotic, they think repeating "Hunter Biden" over and over is enough to get swing voters to question a vote for Joe. They haven't seemed to make the basic calculation that if a nominee's family being corrupt is enough to deny someone a vote, Trump was disqualified years ago.

I guess they simply don't realize that BS and idiotic arguments only work on them.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:49 pm
four quotes over how many years? Three to four years to cull as many questionable quotes from Biden (and all pertaining to his son) as you get in three hours over at truth something from uncle don. But you know that. Even you, Ajax, didn't accept the election lies of your party while it was happening, but in the last little while you repeat what you know is a lie yourself.

All politicians lie sometimes, Dems or no different, however to be a Republican in good graces with the base today, the new rule is you've got to stand up and just lie nonstop. Like, every last thing you say must be as big of a lie you can think of in that moment. And it helps if you inject a ton of collagen into your lips for the occasion.

The reason why it stands out more if a Dem says something shady or in this case hokey about his wayward kid is because we hold non-non-RINOs to a different standard. It's like, when you are a teenager getting into trouble all the time and then you see mom or dad doing something wrong, it really hits you because they're supposed to set the example. And there is some truth to that. Those outside the Christian-neo-nazi coalition for Trump or DeSantis need to be very careful not to allow the disintegrating morality of the religious right to become an excuse to ease our own standards.

With a broken right wing, the left wing must work twice as hard to keep the bird in the air.
Oh I think we can find quite a few more Biden lies even before his dementia. even back to his plagiarism that torpedoed his presidential campaigns in the past. A "penchant for honesty" he has not. It shows how skewed the news Moksha consumes is.