Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: Chris Christie Entering the Primaries

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:47 am
Trump very well could be serving as President from jail.
UK politics is in a depressing state at present, but reading stuff like that from a Trump supporter does at least make me realise that things could be a lot worse in my country without my feeling the need to emigrate.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Trump very well could be serving as President from jail. A liberal judge and jury can incarcerate him but that doesn't disqualify Trump from running nor citizens from voting for him. Trump nor any conservative will win because our elections are rigged but it could happen in theory in spite of deep state election interference.
Trump won’t win because his fan base is too small. What you call election interference is actually an insufficient number of crazy voters who like the guy.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:37 am
Trump very well could be serving as President from jail. A liberal judge and jury can incarcerate him but that doesn't disqualify Trump from running nor citizens from voting for him. Trump nor any conservative will win because our elections are rigged but it could happen in theory in spite of deep state election interference.
Trump won’t win because his fan base is too small. What you call election interference is actually an insufficient number of crazy voters who like the guy.
Being in modified solitary confinement in the Federal Correctional Complex at Allenwood, Pennsylvania could substantially cut Secret Service costs and dramatically improve Melania Trump's life. White House staffers would also be spared his daily tirades and his illegal schemes would receive greater scrutiny. After being forced to clean up his own McDonald's meal thrown against the wall, it may even help him temper his uncontrolled outbursts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Chap wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:09 am
ajax18 wrote:
Trump very well could be serving as President from jail.
UK politics is in a depressing state at present, but reading stuff like that from a Trump supporter does at least make me realise that things could be a lot worse in my country without my feeling the need to emigrate.
You've got George Washington to thank for not having to share a country with me. It's better for both of us that we don't live in the same country is it not?
Last edited by ajax18 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:10 pm
Being in modified solitary confinement in the Federal Correctional Complex at Allenwood, Pennsylvania could substantially cut Secret Service costs and dramatically improve Melania Trump's life. White House staffers would also be spared his daily tirades and his illegal schemes would receive greater scrutiny. After being forced to clean up his own McDonald's meal thrown against the wall, it may even help him temper his uncontrolled outbursts.
Considering Trump's supporters may view Allenwood as a Bastille to be stormed, it might make sense to reactivate Alcatraz for Trump. Even Trump's most ardent supporters could not drive their pickup trucks to Alcatraz.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:52 am
Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:10 pm
Considering Trump's supporters may view Allenwood as a Bastille to be stormed, it might make sense to reactivate Alcatraz for Trump. Even Trump's most ardent supporters could not drive their pickup trucks to Alcatraz.
I tell you who would get my vote, the first Rep. who runs with a platform of vowing to not pardon the Don. See, what's gonna really suck is the white hats are going to go to all the trouble of convicting that primary asshole only to have some secondary asshole come along and pardon him. I just have a sinking feeling that Trump is going to be convicted but never see a day behind bars.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

dantana wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:29 pm
I tell you who would get my vote, the first Rep. who runs with a platform of vowing to not pardon the Don. See, what's gonna really suck is the white hats are going to go to all the trouble of convicting that primary asshole only to have some secondary asshole come along and pardon him. I just have a sinking feeling that Trump is going to be convicted but never see a day behind bars.
People would be foolish to vote Republican in 2024, but that is what makes America. It is the residual effect from both Fox News and lead in the drinking water.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ajax18 wrote:
During the 2022 Arizona general election, traditional Conservative Republicans such as Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell won easily. It was the MAGA Republicans such as Kari Lake and Mark Finchem that lost within this state.
Last edited by Brack on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Brack wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:07 pm
During the 2020 Arizona general election, traditional Conservative Republicans such as Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell won easily. It was the MAGA Republicans such as Kari Lake and Mark Finchem that lost within this state.
Kari Lake is some flavor of insane. She reminds me of Reba McEntire in that I'm not sure she's really human - more like an alien wearing a human costume.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:43 pm
dantana wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:29 pm
People would be foolish to vote Republican in 2024, but that is what makes America. It is the residual effect from both Fox News and lead in the drinking water.
What about Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger as a team? President and VP respectively?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!