Popping Off: My turn

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Popping Off: My turn

Post by Jersey Girl »

This is NOT a set up for anyone to complain about foreign aid Ukraine or whether or not climate change is real. If you want to debate those things start a new thread for that purpose. Don't expect anything miraculous here. It's mainly a rant.

Riddle me this.

How come our gov't can send billions in assets to Ukraine (which I personally do not begrudge) and all we're sending in mutual aid to Canada is 600 firefighters...but we can't deploy the Global Supertanker that is based right here at Peterson AFB and doing jack?

Yes, I know it costs major league bucks to deploy the Global Supertanker but you tell me, what's the thing for if we're not using it and when only an act of God can send it where needed?

What? What's it for? They haven't even deployed it right in CO when wildfires were at their worst!

Unless you're living under a rock you know about the fires in Canada. You know that wildfire season is upon us out West. You know that we've been in drought for a good 20 years. We know that drought increases the potential for cloud to ground lightning strikes. We know that 85% of wildfires are naturally caused by lightning strikes. We know that a minor percentage of fires are human caused. We know that drought is real. We know that wildfire season is real.

We know that folks have been breathing air the AQI of which measures 200-353+ during these episodes but...we can't deploy the very asset we that we hold for the express purpose of putting out wildfires?

We got the hazardous air quality from Canada a couple of weeks ago. Now the EC is getting hit with it. Other areas will get it as well. Businesses and activities will shut down. Whole cities will shut down their commerce.

Where is the Global Supertanker? Sitting it's overly large body right here in CO waiting for a mission that never comes.

WTH
:evil:

[/done]
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Popping Off: My turn

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh just get it all out and be done with it.

I'm in a Facebook group for Jersey news. Several comments were to the effect that the fires were started intentionally because oh no! They all started around the same time. The end game? To control people.

So yeah. Canada set thousands of fires, damaged their lumber industry, to make some guys in Jersey stay in his house.

Kill. Me. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just look at this stupid crap that showed up in my Facebook feed earlier.

This, my friends, is a "Destroyed Boy Shirt" brought to you courtesy of Nordstrom. Not only that, it's on sale! For the miniscule amount of ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS this trendy little fashion piece can be yours!

Originally priced at: $275.00 USD

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/destroyed-b ... 7lLIEa8ak8

Slava Ukraini!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:03 pm

I'm in a Facebook group for Jersey news. Several comments were to the effect that the fires were started intentionally because oh no! They all started around the same time. The end game? To control people.

So yeah. Canada set thousands of fires, damaged their lumber industry, to make some guys in Jersey stay in his house.

some people enjoy a game of who can say the stupidest thing. A certain kind of guffaw is the reward for winning or getting close.

///Jersey Girl, I see your point about US should help.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:16 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:03 pm

some people enjoy a game of who can say the stupidest thing. A certain kind of guffaw is the reward for winning or getting close.

///Jersey Girl, I see your point about US should help.
Thanks, huck. It just irritates me. We've pumped billions into Ukraine including training their military on US soil. We can't send THIS asset to Canada or even lease it to them when the risk to human health and life is so great? Damaged commerce? The GS does nothing. It sits down at Peterson AFB and does nothing. The last time I recall it being deployed was some years back (2017-ish?) to California and to my knowledge, it's never even been deployed to fight wildfires in the very state where it's based?

No. Instead we send boots on the ground, risking even more human life. This doesn't make sense to me. WHY does it even EXIST if we don't use it?

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:54 pm
Now the EC is getting hit with it.
“EC” = “East Coast?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:03 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:54 pm
Now the EC is getting hit with it.
“EC” = “East Coast?”

[Peers through the haze...]
"That you, Shades??
(cough, cough)...Yes. EC stands for EC."
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

The GlobalSupertanker.biz website currently says "Returning to service in 2023". So maybe the aircraft is getting some necessary maintenance right now?
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:03 am
The GlobalSupertanker.biz website currently says "Returning to service in 2023". So maybe the aircraft is getting some necessary maintenance right now?
They might be making/retrofitting a new 747. I think they sold the old one off a few years back (which was then retrofitted for cargo) during financial troubles.

Link.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Physics Guy wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:03 am
If that is the case perhaps they should've timed it differently so that it would be ready for duty at the start of wildfire season instead of a month or more late. The fires in Canada have been burning for 6 weeks If I recall correctly. It should be ready and available for duty from May to October and I contend that it should be used.

Here's my favorite video of the hardly-ever-deployed-badass in question. Be patient. The baby of it goes first.

Super Tanker Drops Fire Retardant Over Chico, California
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrNTph8SoaE

Slava Ukraini!