Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:49 pm
Here you go supersleuths. Special delivery!

Trump’s 2nd indictment: Read the full document text
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/0 ... t-00101294

Direct link: https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000188 ... ff4de50000
Thank you Jersey.

This (particularly 7b**) helps answer one of the questions that has been on my mind. Why didn't his lawyer(s), who surely knew better, turn over the classified documents.

**ETA, and 58 (page 22)
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm
Can anyone copy/paste section 6 a. & b. and post it here without having to jump through hoops? It shows just how blasted stupid and how out of touch with reality the man really is.

Pretty please? Cherry on top?
This will unfortunately auto-delete from hosting in a week, but until/unless there's a copy/paste available version of the indictment made available:

a. In July 2021, at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey ("The Bedminster Club"), during an audio-recorded meeting with a writer, a publisher, and two members of his staff, none of whom possessed a security clearance, TRUMP showed and described a "plan of attack" that TRUMP said was prepared for him by the Department of Defense and a senior military official. TRUMP told the individuals that the plan was "highly confidential" and "secret." TRUMP also said, "as president I could have declassified it," and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

b. In August or September 2021, at The Bedminster Club, TRUMP showed a representative of his political action committee who did not possess a security clearance a classified map related to a military operation and told the representative that he should not be showing it to the representative and that the representative should not get too close.

(Text added in case image is deleted by host. -cp-)
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

After Trump and Nauta hid about 34 boxes worth of documents from Trump's own lawyer, and his lawyer went through the boxes that weren't hidden from him:

Attorney 1 confirmed that he was finished with his search of the Storage Room, TRUMP asked,

"Did you find anything? ... Is it bad? Good?"

66. TRUMP and Trump Attorney 1 then discussed what to do with the Redweld folder
containing documents with classification markings and whether Trump Attorney 1 should bring them to his hotel room and put them in a safe there. During that conversation, TRUMP made a plucking motion, as memorialized by Trump Attorney I:

___He made a funny motion as though - well okay why don't you take
___them with you to your hotel room and if there's anything really bad
___in there, like, you know, pluck it out. And that was the motion that
___he made. He didn't say that

ETA: Attorney 1 finding another attorney (who had no part in any of it) to sign the affidavit is pretty telling, in my opinion.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:29 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:23 pm
Can anyone copy/paste section 6 a. & b. and post it here without having to jump through hoops? It shows just how blasted stupid and how out of touch with reality the man really is.

Pretty please? Cherry on top?
This will unfortunately auto-delete from hosting in a week, but until/unless there's a copy/paste available version of the indictment made available:

a. In July 2021, at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey ("The Bedminster Club"), during an audio-recorded meeting with a writer, a publisher, and two members of his staff, none of whom possessed a security clearance, TRUMP showed and described a "plan of attack" that TRUMP said was prepared for him by the Department of Defense and a senior military official. TRUMP told the individuals that the plan was "highly confidential" and "secret." TRUMP also said, "as president I could have declassified it," and, "Now I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

b. In August or September 2021, at The Bedminster Club, TRUMP showed a representative of his political action committee who did not possess a security clearance a classified map related to a military operation and told the representative that he should not be showing it to the representative and that the representative should not get too close.

Thank you though! That last sentence in 6 a. is what I was talking about.

"TRUMP told the individual that the plan was "highly confidential" and "secret". TRUMP also said, "as President I could have declassified it," and "Now, I can't, you know, but this is still a secret."

What a complete idiot! So what was he doing? Parading the document around like Mike Tyson's belt and then straight up telling the person he's showing him a classified document he's not supposed to have? Did he make the guy pinky swear like a 5 year old not to tell anyone?

UNREAL! Then look at 6 b.! As Schmo would say, what a maroon!!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

For reference (if anyone is curious, and doesn't want to slog through the whole thing), pages 28-33 have a somewhat more detailed breakdown of the contents of the docs than what's been provided anywhere previously. In there, sure enough, is a document about USA nuclear weapons (page 31, item 19).

And for a partial transcript of the recording referenced in 6a, it's on pages 15-16.

ETA: I'm wondering if they've recovered the boxes that he squirreled away on a plane, mentioned in the indictment.
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

The representative should not get too close...OMG. It is not to be believed!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hellzapoppin' on the news outlets! One could catch it as it comes or review at the end of the day I suppose. I like my True (Federal) Crime news breaking. ;)

See Special Counsel Jack Smith's statement on Trump indictment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmIATzngR3E

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

For curiosity's sake, I added up the max prison time (which, of course, would never happen) from the counts.

For Trump: 100 years.
For Nauta: 90 years.

ETA: It appears the special counsel that signed the indictment was a Trump nominee/appointee for Middle District of Tennessee in 2017, if I'm understanding internet spelunking correctly. That deep state, is rascally.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:14 pm
Just finished reading the full indictment, and my initial impression is that it is so much worse than I imagined it would be. I mean, everyone (normal) already knows Trump is pathologically unethical, and incredibly incompetent, but some of the stuff in there is next level.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:28 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:14 pm
Just finished reading the full indictment, and my initial impression is that it is so much worse than I imagined it would be. I mean, everyone (normal) already knows Trump is pathologically unethical, and incredibly incompetent, but some of the stuff in there is next level.
Shall curl up with a cup of tea and the indictment in a few minutes here as the thunder rolls in. Perfect day to soak up some true (federal) crime.

I pray this guy doesn't win the upcoming election because if he does, all of this is for naught.

I have the most indictments. No one has ever seen indictments like mine...I swear I can almost hear it.

Slava Ukraini!