Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

Post by Jersey Girl »

Just get a shovel and dig yourself in deeper, bud. Can't even imagine being this guy's attorney.

Lawrence: Trump says he lied and rustling papers were building plans, not classified docs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgTETfNwNE
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Any such invasion plan has location of assets both friendly and adversary, capacity of assets, logistic plans, transport plans, routes, yada yada yada. Such content is of incredible value and is derived from intelligence gathering from satellites, planes and on the ground assets. As national security risks go, these plans would be HUGE.

And yes, there are such plans for just about everywhere including "friendlies".
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:14 pm
Any such invasion plan has location of assets both friendly and adversary, capacity of assets, logistic plans, transport plans, routes, yada yada yada. Such content is of incredible value and is derived from intelligence gathering from satellites, planes and on the ground assets. As national security risks go, these plans would be HUGE.

And yes, there are such plans for just about everywhere including "friendlies".

Related to this, MAGAworld is strangely trying the defense that if these docs are intelligence information meant for security clearanced-individuals, then why have they been “leaked by the DOJ and disclosed to CNN”? Except, not only have they not been leaked by anyone other than Trump, but the claim is also an interesting type of disinformation pretending to ignore the differences between two situations:

(1) The act of Trump showing physical docs he shouldn’t possess, to random people who may be able to see the contents/details,

(2) CNN playing audio of Trump himself announcing that he’s doing so.

I figure that most rational folks aren’t going to be fooled by this attempt to conflate the two.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Fun thing about the Espionage act is that it never mentions classification levels.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump's newest lies lapsing into brazenly stupid indicates Republican campaign funds have bought into something less sophisticated than Mopologetics.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:11 pm
Trump's newest lies lapsing into brazenly stupid indicates Republican campaign funds have bought into something less sophisticated than Mopologetics.
You make it sound like "brazenly stupid" is a recent thing. Trump's lies have always been brazenly stupid, and his cult is certainly dumber than the LDS cult. Trumpologetics don't need sophistication. They just need to be memorable to morons.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:59 pm
I realize that most of you are fine with a two tiered justice system.
I’m surprised Xanax cares about atwo-tiered justice systems’ these days! Remember when Trump was popped for stealing from his own charity? Remember when he served time got away scot free? Remember when Xanax vigorously protested the two-tiered justice system didn’t make a peep about it?

Now. Remember. Trump stealing from his own charity was about as open and shut case as one could hope to get as a prosecutor. And Trump got away with it. And, as a reminder, the Right didn’t give two craps about the crime.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.