Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Trump Indicted in Docs Probe

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:03 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:45 am
So the only thing to wonder now is whether he will plea down to stay out of prison. God I hope not, this guy needs to spend at least some time in jail.
There's no official provision in place to put him in prison or jail. He is entitled to secret service protection in or out of jail. They'd have to figure that out with the possibility of assigning him to one of his resorts. Better hope he doesn't win the next election or it's game over for justice so far as I can tell.
I know there's no precedent, but it seems to me he should lose his protection if he's convicted of a crime and sentenced to jail time. There's just no history to go on here.

Still, it's fun to think about someone raping him in prison, assuming there's someone with standards that low, and for whom Trump is "his type."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:10 pm
What a complete idiot! So what was he doing? Parading the document around like Mike Tyson's belt and then straight up telling the person he's showing him a classified document he's not supposed to have?
Trump being Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Powerful commentary, so far as I am concerned...

Just over 8 minutes.

Laurence Tribe: Trump indictment is ‘vindication for the rule of law’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8M1hUFnpMY
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

It would be nice if Trump was given a large enough cell for a duplicate of the Resolute desk. The Secret Service could set up a camera outside the bars for video clips (first approved by the warden) to be shown on Truth Social and on the big screen during his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.

Wonder if Judge Aileen Cannon will preside over this Florida case.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:57 am
It would be nice if Trump was given a large enough cell for a duplicate of the Resolute desk. The Secret Service could set up a camera outside the bars for video clips (first approved by the warden) to be shown on Truth Social and on the big screen during his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.

Wonder if Judge Aileen Cannon will preside over this Florida case.
Wonder if he'll be charged as an adult.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

By the way, the Judge that ruled twice in Trump's favor, Aileen Cannon, was assigned the case. Seems like justice will be Floridaized.
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

I read the entire indictment last night.

I get that Trump is by far the least intelligent person to be discussed in the document, with Nauta being the second least intelligent (refused to roll on his boss and is now the proud winner of a Jack Smith #FAFO prize), but Trump Attorney 3--who certified and signed off on a search that she neither conducted nor oversaw--come on down! You didn't win but you're on the podium.

I just watched Reality on HBO Max last night. I sure hope everyone involved gets at least as much prison time as the Trump administration gave that poor woman for leaking a single document.

And is it too much to hope they get held on no bail while awaiting trial like she did?
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:53 am
By the way, the Judge that ruled twice in Trump's favor, Aileen Cannon, was assigned the case. Seems like justice will be Floridaized.
Judge Cannon on the left
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Or … Floridated? : )
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:26 pm
Moksha wrote:
Judge Cannon on the left
I don’t know who thought that this looked ‘fearsome’, but the streaks across the eyes just end up looking like tears running down their face that are bringing their makeup with it.