I never spoke with him about his business dealings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: I never spoke with him about his business dealings

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I just don't understand why a dude that hates taxes, and loves guns, is getting so much flak from Republicans.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:58 pm
I just don't understand why a dude that hates taxes, and loves guns, is getting so much flak from Republicans.
I guess you wouldn't understand the hypocrisy of Biden passing more gun control laws and raising more taxes when the Bidens cannot keep nor are they willing to enforce the laws that were already on the books either. Rules for me but not for thee.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:08 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:58 pm
I guess you wouldn't understand the hypocrisy of Biden passing more gun control laws and raising more taxes when the Bidens cannot keep nor are they willing to enforce the laws that were already on the books either. Rules for me but not for thee.
So, again, you want Biden to weaponize the DOJ, and intervene on the independent prosecutorial and investigative powers of Trump's Republican District Attorney?

Weird.

In all seriousness, I am genuinely grateful that more people (particularly, of a given political leaning) are realizing that our justice system is tiered. Now, the question becomes, will this realization translate to any form of meaningful reform or activism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:34 pm

In all seriousness, I am genuinely grateful that more people (particularly, of a given political leaning) are realizing that our justice system is tiered. Now, the question becomes, will this realization translate to any form of meaningful reform or activism.
Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any meaningful reform or activism. To those in power, this works - why would they want change? Wealthy and deeply corrupt career politicians, along with the corrupt and bias media will continue to do their part to create the desired narrative. This is all about power, control and money.

It's not just about the DOJ though, the crystal clear (if anyone is paying any attention at all) weaponization and politicization of very powerful federal agencies is terrifying and should be equally terrifying to everyone - no matter your personal political leanings.
Gadianton
God

the Ceeboo dilemma

Post by Gadianton »

Ceeboo wrote:the crystal clear (if anyone is paying any attention at all) weaponization and politicization of very powerful federal agencies
I will point out again that the "weaponization" of federal agencies is near exclusively a right-wing talking point that is repeating nonstop at Fox and News Max, and nearly exclusively in 2022 - 2023. I cited the stats for Fox and News Max on another post. I just now search oann and, OMG, 840 hits!

here are some from the first page:
DOJ weaponization against president trump
discuss the weaponization of the Department of Justice against President Trump
Merrick Garland over DOJ weaponization
the government weaponization against Trump becoming clear to voters
weaponized to take down and destroy donald Trumps presidency
Democrats weaponized FBI against americans
weaponization of teh federal government today
democrats have weaponized the FBI by turning the agencey
Joe Biden has weaponized the agency
LOL! What kills me is Ceeboo's preceding sentence from the same post:
ceeboo wrote:along with the corrupt and bias media will continue to do their part to create the desired narrative
:lol: :lol: :lol:

How is it "Crystal clear" that federal agencies have been "weaponized" when the source for the claim is the media, which according to the same person is "creating the desired narrative?"

Doesn't Ceeboo think it's possible, that there is no weaponization of Washington beyond business as usual for the last 50 years and that the claim of weaponization is merely a biased media creating a desired narrative? One, I might add, that plays right to Trump and DeSantis who are vowing to bring federal agencies under themselves if they are elected and per DeSantis, for instance, use the IRS to go after woke people? This is insane.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:01 pm
It's not just about the DOJ though, the crystal clear (if anyone is paying any attention at all) weaponization and politicization of very powerful federal agencies is terrifying and should be equally terrifying to everyone - no matter your personal political leanings.
Yep. I've been concerned about Republicans desire to weaponize the Justice Department for quite some time now. They keep talking about Democrats doing it, which is a clear sign that's what they want to do. We know of several instances where Trump tried it.

I mean, the bogus Benghazi hearings and the crap Jim Jordan is trying these days makes it clear the GOP is not governing in good faith. They're power-hungry hypocrites with no desire to actually govern or improve the lives of Americans. Weaponizing the DOJ is definitely in their psychopathic plans if they can convince enough idiots to vote for them.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:43 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Weaponizing the DOJ is definitely in their psychopathic plans if they can convince enough idiots to vote for them.
Two questions.

Hypothetically speaking, what do find to be more disturbing: Psychopathic plans to weaponize the DOJ or the psychopathic weaponization of the DOJ?

Of the total amount of people who will likely vote for the Republican ticket in 2024 (74 million?), how many of them do you believe are idiots?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:43 pm
Some Schmo wrote:

Weaponizing the DOJ is definitely in their psychopathic plans if they can convince enough idiots to vote for them.
Two questions.

Hypothetically speaking, what do find to be more disturbing: Psychopathic plans to weaponize the DOJ or the psychopathic weaponization of the DOJ?
There’s a third option:

3. Psychopathic claims - without explanation - that the DOJ is being weaponized, but only against one’s favorite political picks.

… borrowing your terminology, and barring any examples, or course.

Of the total amount of people who will likely vote for the Republican ticket in 2024 (74 million?), how many of them do you believe are idiots?
That would depend upon what they provide as evidence of their claim, be they Republicans, or Democrats.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Some Schmo wrote:
ceeboo wrote:
Yep. I've been concerned about Republicans desire to weaponize the Justice Department for quite some time now. They keep talking about Democrats doing it, which is a clear sign that's what they want to do. We know of several instances where Trump tried it.

I mean, the bogus Benghazi hearings and the crap Jim Jordan is trying these days makes it clear the GOP is not governing in good faith. They're power-hungry hypocrites with no desire to actually govern or improve the lives of Americans. Weaponizing the DOJ is definitely in their psychopathic plans if they can convince enough idiots to vote for them.

I’m also wondering why Republicans getting on about ‘weaponization’ of federal agencies don’t include the Benghazi hearings - and all of Jim Jordan’s recent committees - in their calculus. ; )