I never spoke with him about his business dealings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Schreech
CTR A

Re: I never spoke with him about his business dealings

Post by Schreech »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:18 am

Omg....in a tread where I just got done mocking a bunch of Right-wing cultists for changing messages that Hunter Biden posted because they were desperate and couldn't make a coherent argument otherwise, you, a shallow, right wing cultist, couldn't think of anything more clever than changing what I posted because you couldn't make a coherent argument otherwise... as if that wasn't pathetic (and predictable) enough, you responded to yourself. Oooof. Its not too hard to feel "intelligent" or "clever" when dealing with people like you.

I repeat:

"Yes, "around these parts" people tend to "appreciate" things like: intelligence, critical thinking, the ability to read and comprehend, non-fictional evidence when accusing someone of a crime, the ability to actually learn and mold beliefs based on new information, etc....you know, things that seem foreign to blind faith cultists."

Dang, I must have really struck a nerve.
Last edited by Schreech on Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:30 am
We concede to your amazingness sir
I wouldn't say that pointing out flaws in your ill-conceived arguments was amazing...All it would have taken was actually reading the article you posted and not creating fictional narratives about someone you dislike because of your political affiliation.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Schreech wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:24 am
Omg....in a tread
I am not questioning your high level of intellect, but you misspelled the word "thread."
where is just got done mocking a bunch of Right-wing cultists for changing messages that Hunter Biden posted because they were desperate and couldn't make a coherent argument otherwise
"Where is just got done?" I am not questioning your impressive ability to read or comprehend, but this sentence of yours is pretty muddled.
you, a shallow, right wing cultist, couldn't think of anything more clever than changing what I posted because you couldn't make a coherent argument otherwise
I am not questioning your unique ability to think critically, and I know you probably didn't catch it, but I changed what you wrote because you changed what two posters wrote (including this very post you wrote) just a few posts before I did.
Its not too hard to feel "intelligent" or "clever" when dealing with people like you.
I am not questioning your brilliance, but intelligence and clever are not feelings.

Moderator note: altering or fabricating the text of a quote has a high potential for misleading the reader. Replacing the text with a meme or GIF has been used as a means of commenting on the original post for a long time in this forum and is generally understood as being a comment on and not a copy of the original quote. We think the potential for misleading the reader is much less in that case than changing the text. RI
Last edited by ceeboo on Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:52 pm
The other comment that stuck out was that Hunter can't possibly be so good at what he does that he secures all this business on merit alone. Possibly, I said as much in a previous post.
I always found this claim against Hunter Biden to be a bit curious. I’m no Hunter Biden fan, and I can’t vouch for how well he did scholastically in the midst of earning two degrees, or how well he performed in the myriad jobs described within his CV, but it’s not as if the fellow was waiting tables at the local Cracker Barrel when he suddenly picked up a board seat at Burisma.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden

Is Hunter a target for political influence? Absolutely. A huge target. Do I think, just gut feeling, that some of the foreign entities have tried to in some way secure political favors by doing business with Hunter and siblings? Probably. Influence is a multi-tier phenomena.
Agreed, and some of his employment would strongly suggest that this was the case. But that isn’t an illegal arrangement, in and of itself.

Just as the Saudis having sunk $2 Billion into Jared’s equity fund may be a play by them to gain influence with Trump (because there’s absolutely no imaginable better investment choice for the Saudis, right?), Jared isn’t guilty of anything from that transaction alone, barring an illegal tit-for-tat. In comparison, the Republican case against Biden seems to be that Hunter Biden’s employment situation itself must surely ‘prove’ shenanigans, when it doesn’t, and when none seem to be able to be identified.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Schreech wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:30 am
...not creating fictional narratives about someone you dislike because of your political affiliation.
Staggering!

LOL!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

It doesn't matter what evidence Republicans dig up on Hunter Biden. Hunter was safe when his father won the 2020 election. Even if JRB lost, Democrats still control the DOJ so Hunter is safe no matter what he does.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Canpakes wrote:I always found this claim against Hunter Biden to be a bit curious. I’m no Hunter Biden fan, and I can’t vouch for how well he did scholastically in the midst of earning two degrees, or how well he performed in the myriad jobs described within his CV, but it’s not as if the fellow was waiting tables at the local Cracker Barrel when he suddenly picked up a board seat at Burisma.
He's absolutely talented and ambitious, and I'm sure there's been more than one successful cocaine and hooker addict on Wall Street. Actually, thanks for that link, one of the footnotes clarified something I was stuck on:
Areddy, James T.; Duehren, Andrew (December 23, 2020). "Hunter Biden's Family Name Aided Deals With Foreign Tycoons". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on January 26, 2021. Retrieved January 29, 2021. The dealings got the younger Mr. Biden a discounted stake in a private-equity firm in China... the cost for Mr. Biden's 10% stake, at $420,000, was based on BHR's startup value in 2013, filings show. Of that, at least a third was provided in the form of loans from other BHR principals, according to people familiar with the situation.
This updates the 2019 fact check I had read. So yeah, in this particular deal, that sounds about right. In my lesser foray into venture capital that I wish I could forget, I know there are endless accounting mechanism for well, everything. And so it wasn't clear to me to what extent he was an investor with skin in the game (see my follow-up to Dr. E.) or allowed in after-the-fact for appearances. And even here, it's not that he was unqualified or without talent -- I also didn't realize he had ran a hedge fund (bought by his uncle of course) -- but still, one unique qualification is rather glaring given the
descriptions I read on BHR's website.

But as you say:
But that isn’t an illegal arrangement, in and of itself.
Not for Hunter, and certainly not for Joe. It is rich material for innuendo and speculation, however. And hey, if this committee finds something, let the chips fall where they may.

Hey -- question, what happened with those 17 tapes of Joe Biden's bribery scheme? In OD, Binger also brought them up - he'd heard the audio himself.

I'm open to committee findings, but I seem to always find myself asking my right-wing acquaintances if they'd ever heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:46 am
I am not questioning your high level of intellect, but you misspelled the word "thread."
Lol. You got me. my punctuation and capitalization are also all over the place - I agree, definitely a reflection of my intellect.
ceeboo wrote:
"Where is just got done?" I am not questioning your impressive ability to read or comprehend, but this sentence of yours is pretty muddled.

Sure, I can see how one extra letter might throw someone like you off...
ceeboo wrote:
Ah, lol, got it, maybe you really did feel like I was putting words in your mouth when I posted a gif that said "self-awareness not detected" instead of just making a statement about your total lack of self-awareness. That totally tracks. Just fyi, I was just straight-up mocking your lack of self-awareness and not trying to attribute words to you that you didn't say...But, hey, I can see how that might confuse you.
ceeboo wrote:
I am not questioning your brilliance, but intelligence and clever are not feelings.
Ah, you don't understand how words work, that also tracks. I must have really struck a nerve...
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:10 am
"10% for the Big Guy." According to the whistle blower, Merrick Garland forbade the IRS from even asking questions about "the Big Guy."
This is a lie. You're misrepresenting your sources that are misrepresenting. Did you even read the transcript that was recently released by the Ways and Means Committee? This is exactly what Gary Shapley, the so-called "whistleblower" said:

p.18
On December 3rd, 2020, we had around a 12-hour long meeting at the United States Attorney's Office in Delaware with the prosecution team. United States Attorney Weiss came in at the beginning of the meeting and jubilantly congratulated the investigative team for keeping the investigation a "secret," quote.

Weiss was in and out for the rest of the meeting, but it went downhill from there. We shared with prosecutors our outline to interview Hunter Biden's associate, Rob Walker. Among other things, we wanted to question Walker about an email that said: "Ten held by H for the big guy." shared with prosecutors our outline to interview Hunter Biden's associate, Rob Walker. Among other things, we wanted to question Walker about an email that said: "Ten held by H for the big guy." We had obvious questions like who was H, who the big guy was, and why this percentage was to be held separately with the association hidden.

But AUSA Wolf interjected and said she did not want to ask about the big guy and stated she did not want to ask questions about "dad." When multiple people in the room spoke up and objected that we had to ask, she responded, there's no specific criminality to that line of questioning. This upset the FBI too. And as I'll explain in a moment, the IRS and FBI agents conducting this interview tried to skirt AUSA Wolf's direction...

p.19

In the interview, the FBI agent tried to get Rob Walker to talk about the "ten held by H" email while not directly contradicting AUSA Wolf's direction not to ask about the, ---- was with Rob Walker in Arkansas, and it was exactly the sort of interview 20 quote, "big guy."

The FBI agent said, this is a quote: "The famous email that Tony was pointing out like the equity split, can you tell me your opinion of that, when it's going through like, you know, ten B dot-dot-dot held by H?"

p.20

Walker answered: "I think that maybe James was wishful thinking or maybe he was just projecting that, you know, if this was a good relationship and this was something that was going to happen, the VP was never going to run, just protecting that, you know, maybe at some point he would be a piece of it, but he was more just, you know -- it looks terrible, but it's not. I certainly never was thinking at any time the VP was a part of anything we were doing."

And yet it was clearly valuable for the investigators to ask about Hunter Biden's dad, as Walker went on to describe an instance in which the former Vice President showed up at a CEFC meeting.

Walker said: "We were at the Four Seasons and we were having lunch and he stopped in, just said hello to everybody. I don't even think he drank water. I think Hunter Biden said, 'I may be trying to start a company or try to do something with these guys and could you?' And I think he was like, if I'm around and he'd show up."

The FBI agent asked: "So you definitely got the feeling that that was orchestrated by Hunter Biden to have like an appearance by his dad at that meeting just to kind of bolster your chances at making a deal work out?"

Walker answered: "Sure."

The FBI agent continued: "Any times when he was in office, or did you hear Hunter Biden say that he was setting up a meeting with his dad with them while dad was still in office?"

Walker answered: "Yes."

And, inexplicably, the FBI agent changed the subject.
The above was mostly Shapley's recollection of an interview with Rob Walker, but the same transcript includes the actual recorded interview with Walker which is around page 142 here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... transcript

Notice the way Walker rejects Tony Bobulinski's claim that the Big Guy was Joe Biden. According to Walker, the Big Guy was just an exaggeration and Hunter and James both liked to pretend his the VP was involved in things as a way to boost deals. But Walker was pissed that Bobulinski made this claim on Tucker Carlson, and said it was false. This is corroborated by the other business partner Devon Archer who had already said Joe Biden had nothing to do with their business dealings.

Hunter Biden's text to his daughter, "If you ever have to provide for this entire family like I have over the past 30 years, at least I'll never make you give me half my salary like Pops did me."

Past tense "did." Hello? Obviously he is talking about when he was her age.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:51 am
Schreech wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:30 am
...not creating fictional narratives about someone you dislike because of your political affiliation.
Staggering!

LOL!
I guess i can see how someone like you might find simple, practical advice "staggering"...i got you fam.