I never spoke with him about his business dealings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: I never spoke with him about his business dealings

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:54 pm
every accusation is an admission of what you're already doing or plan to do in the future.
Trump told Laura Ingram that success will be his revenge, not taking political prisoners as the left does.
Well, he told the rest of us that his revenge will be locking his self-designated enemies up. Lots and lots and lots of times. He speaks of half the country in eliminationist terms.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:11 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:54 pm
Trump told Laura Ingram that success will be his revenge, not taking political prisoners as the left does.
Well, he told the rest of us that his revenge will be locking his self-designated enemies up. Lots and lots and lots of times. He speaks of half the country in eliminationist terms.
The only people trying to silence, jail, and bankrupt their political opponents are the Democrats and the Uniparty. You've been doing it since 2015 when Trump came down the escalator and threatened to enforce the border and drain the swamp.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:53 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
The only people trying to silence, jail, and bankrupt their political opponents are the Democrats and the Uniparty. You've been doing it since 2015 when Trump came down the escalator and threatened to enforce the border and drain the swamp.
Lock her up, lock her up, lock her up...
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
BS.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:09 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Did he lock her up?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:52 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:09 pm
Did he lock her up?
Not for lack of intent.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/22/us/p ... ation.html

May 22, 2023

The Justice Department kept open the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s family foundation for nearly all of President Donald J. Trump’s administration, with prosecutors closing the case without charges just days before he left office.

Newly released documents and interviews with former department officials show that the investigation stretched long past when F.B.I. agents and prosecutors knew it was a dead end.

The critical issue you miss is the judicial system maintaining some degree of nonpartisan adherence to the rule of law is what's at play here. Your belief everything is defined by partisanship undermines that concept. It's in part why Trump and the MAGA worldview are seen as corrosive to democracy.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:18 pm
ajax18 wrote:
BS.
For real. From Drudge - its red banner headline article for the moment:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/welcome- ... cheers-on/
“Welcome to the end of democracy!” Posobiec declared. “We’re here to overthrow it completely. We didn’t get all the way there on January 6th, but we will endeavor to get rid of it and replace it with this right here,” he said, holding his fist in the air. “That’s right, because all glory is not to government, all glory to God.”
I hope most of the conservatives out there realize how toxic a movement like this gets. They need to vote, and unfortunately for them, they’ll have to vote for Biden this time around, and purge their party of these fascists. If they don’t, the Republican party will, in fact, become Nazis.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Why can’t Trump pay his fine if he’s a billionaire? He said he has the money on hand. So, why can’t he pay it?

* here’s hoping he drains the RNC of their reserves during election season

** also, 10-to-1 odds a супер ПАК (that’s super PAC in Russian, Dr. Shades) shows up.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 am
** also, 10-to-1 odds a супер ПАК (that’s super PAC in Russian, Dr. Shades) shows up.
Give them a few minutes; they’re getting dressed for the occasion.

Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 am
You think I'm the only one who doesn't know that?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024