What In The Hell Is Going On With Russia?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: What In The Hell Is Going On With Russia?

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:59 am
So it seems. Or he's being cut into pieces slowly in a basement somewhere and a corpse with his teeth stuffed in it is in a body bag recovered from the crash site. Putin seems like the type who would like to take would-be usurpers on a tour of other would-bes not getting a quick death and no one looking for them...or this was just a fun, public way of disposing of the body after he had been doing that the last couple of months already.
Who knows? But I have to say, I was surprised he lasted this long. Perhaps Putin really thought Prigozhin was actually his friend, so he wavered a bit?

by the way, keep your eye on Georgia. My friends in the IC are chittering about it.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Check
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
So it seems. Or he's being cut into pieces slowly in a basement somewhere and a corpse with his teeth stuffed in it is in a body bag recovered from the crash site. Putin seems like the type who would like to take would-be usurpers on a tour of other would-bes not getting a quick death and no one looking for them...or this was just a fun, public way of disposing of the body after he had been doing that the last couple of months already.
Is anyone setting odds that he wasn’t actually on that plane? There could be a few advantages to both Yevgeny and Vlad, with a ruse like that.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:07 am
My friends in the IC are chittering about it.
“IC” = “intelligence community?”
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
honorentheos wrote:
Who knows? But I have to say, I was surprised he lasted this long. Perhaps Putin really thought Prigozhin was actually his friend, so he wavered a bit?

by the way, keep your eye on Georgia. My friends in the IC are chittering about it.

- Doc
With Trump arrested there it is smattered all over the news more than I actually care to watch.

But you probably mean the Georgia over by the Black Sea. Is it going somewhere? You are being a bit cryptic Doc.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Yeah, blow up the plane and kill ten to get the one target. Couple that with the battlefield tactics of human cannon fodder, cheating at int'l sporting and my lifetime of watching the events of Russia v. the west - makes me want to say something stupid like ... Fuuking Russians. But I won't. I'll just say, fuuking Putin.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:59 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
My friends in the IC are chittering about it.
Usually, IC is intensive care.

Georgia is ranked number one in both the AP and Coaches polls.

---------------
Anyway, now that Yevgeny Prigozhin, who was in charge of the Russian troll factory that interfered with the 2016 election fell out of favor and literally out of the sky, will that permanently affect some of the postings that happened on this board in the interrum? With no clear direction from St. Petersburg, the wacky conservative motivations may be limited to racial animosity, a desire to avoid paying taxes, and the ascension of the God-Emperor of Mar-a-Lago.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:36 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:59 am
Usually, IC is intensive care.
Ahh yes, that's right. Thank you.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024