The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Conservatives and "believing falsehoods"

Post by huckelberry »

Cube 7 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:48 pm
Morley wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:02 pm
Two questions, Cube:

1) What does men becoming women have to do with the post you quoted?

2) Why does it matter if a man can become a woman and a woman can become a man? Why would you care?

I'm not trying to be snarky. I'm attempting to understand your post.
It's quite straightforward. The progressive side of the Democratic Party is responsible for the most significant fallacy that is currently being acted out right in front of our eyes, and that fallacy is the idea that a man can become a woman or a woman can become a male. This is the biggest lie that we are currently witnessing. It is not a fact, and it is being done in order for the progressive wing of the Democratic Party to control the emotions of people. By doing this, they will be able to manipulate people into thinking whatever it is that they want them to believe by using force. The democratic party is home to the greatest number of lies that are now being propagated in our modern culture. Democrats are pushing the biggest falsehoods we have had to live with in quite some time.
I think that a person who was born and grew up, developing as a male and then decides to become a woman should be restricted from playing in sports for women because of the clear physical disparity.

Cube 7, I cannot see your idea of political conspiracy and control as making any sense. Your proposal, "By doing this, they will be able to manipulate people into thinking whatever it is that they want them to believe by using force." reads like a hair fire fantasy.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Re: Conservatives and "believing falsehoods"

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

This entire nonsense discussion about trans people is nothing to do with the OP.

If someone wants to believe that it's the left which is stupider, let's see some real studies rather than useless and irrelevant fulminations against trans people, who have been documented to exist in many human societies for centuries, such as "hijra" people in India.

Simple ignorance about trans history is not an argument that lefties are dumber. Only an incredibly stupid person would think so.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: From: Conservatives and "believing falsehoods"

Post by Res Ipsa »

Split thread —UR 4
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: From: Conservatives and "believing falsehoods"

Post by Morley »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:24 pm
Split thread —UR 4
Excellent. Thank you.