The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:32 pm
Why is Michael Cohen alllowed to go on MSNBC and attack Trump but Trump is not allowed to respond? I know it's a partisan political justice system but what line of BS are they currently using to justify it?
Your white privilege is showing again. Why should Trump have privileges literally no other defendant gets? Just for a second imagine the defendant is black. Say, the wife of John Crawford, who was murdered by cops at a Walmart for holding a BB gun. Imagine his wife going to the press to attack Ronald Ritchie, the white guy who lied to 911 when he said he saw John loading an automatic rifle with ammunition.

You'd be like, "someone shut that black woman's hole already."

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:54 pm
Where’s Melania? Why isn’t she supporting her husband?

- Doc
Or any of his kids. I feel bad for Barron because now he knows his Dad is probably going to have to attend his graduation as another political stunt.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Trump cannot follow simple instructions given to him by a Judge. It appears he's getting a lot worse mentally. The judge needs to tell him next time he appears in court after talking about the case to make sure he brings his toothbrush.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:13 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Why is Michael Cohen alllowed to go on MSNBC and attack Trump but Trump is not allowed to respond? I know it's a partisan political justice system but what line of BS are they currently using to justify it?
Your white privilege is showing again. Why should Trump have privileges literally no other defendant gets? Just for a second imagine the defendant is black. Say, the wife of John Crawford, who was murdered by cops at a Walmart for holding a BB gun. Imagine his wife going to the press to attack Ronald Ritchie, the white guy who lied to 911 when he said he saw John loading an automatic rifle with ammunition.

Most gag orders are not unilateral. Under the partisan political justice system, only liberal media and parties to a case are allowed to discuss it lest voters get to hear the other side of the story. It's just about controlling the narrative in the national news by taking advantage of favorable anti conservative jurisdictions to carry on lawfare, which is what election interference is in my view. The first amendment is not being respected, neither in letter or in the spirit in which it was written by the founding fathers.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:48 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:13 pm

Most gag orders are not unilateral. Under the partisan political justice system, only liberal media and parties to a case are allowed to discuss it lest voters get to hear the other side of the story. It's just about controlling the narrative in the national news by taking advantage of favorable anti conservative jurisdictions to carry on lawfare, which is what election interference is in my view. The first amendment is not being respected, neither in letter or in the spirit in which it was written by the founding fathers.
He can literally take the stand and defend himself. How are you so damned retarded?

Lead-brained fool.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:

1.Because Cohen isn't the defendant in a criminal trial.

2. Cohen went silent for a period of time out of respect for the proceedings.

3. While Cohen was silent, Trump continued to violate court procedure and the court orders.

4. Because the Constitutional right to free speech doesn't trump a court order.

5. Trump has the right to free speech. He's not got the right to intimidate witnesses, defense counsel or court staff.

6. If you don't think Trump wants to get put in jail so he can cry martyr, you're not paying attention.

I'd tell you not to worry about replying but you typically refuse to engage. Anyway, I'm a big fat nobody and even I know all of the above.

Though I deny being big or fat.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed May 08, 2024 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What will happen if Judge Merchan jails Trump for his continued violations? Will Trump supporters load up their pickup trucks with mortars and munitions and begin rampaging?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

It is stunning how ajax18's blinkered thinking so closely resembles Jenn Kamp's recent court appearance.

"Why can't I demand the same from my opponents that they demand of me, even though I obviously do not understand the laws or procedures governing this situation? Don't I get to decide arbitrarily what fair means?"
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:21 pm
What will happen if Judge Merchan jails Trump for his continued violations? Will Trump supporters load up their pickup trucks with mortars and munitions and begin rampaging?
Yes and my money says that's exactly what he intends.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:57 pm
Moksha wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 2:21 pm
Yes and my money says that's exactly what he intends.
I'm guessing that Florida, Texas, South Dakota, and Orem, Utah will be the first to announce their secession from the US. South Dakota will announce their unilateral support for Trump by shooting puppies.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace