The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

He didn't even vote for Trump. He'd prefer that his party ran on the issues that voters actually care about, like the economy. Nobody cares if Trump had sex with Stormy Daniels. He's demonstrating why this partisan political prosecution of political opponents is going to have some very bad unintended consequences for everyone in the country, including Democrats like himself.
*Bill Clinton enters chat*
I should say that Stormy Daniels salacious details about when she had sex with Trump back in 2006 were not relevant to the hush money payments and whether it was to help with the Trump campaign or hide it from Melania. But the judge allowed her to testify about it because the purpose of this show trial is to defame Donald Trump and get out as many embarrassing details as possible whether it's pertinent to charges (which nobody really knows what the charges are). But even this doesn't make sense because Donald Trump is made of mud. Throwing more mud at him isn't going to change the minds of working class voters on issues like how they feel about working extra hours now and 10 to 12 years longer to pay for more welfare, Ukrainian welfare, and illegal immigration. It didn't change the minds of rust belt voters in 2016 and it won't change their minds in 2024. The left knows this, so why are they so intent on doing so much damage to the reputation of the US justice system? Perhaps that's the point. That's what they really want, not to destroy Trump, but to destroy America and move on from an outdated document written by racist white men.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:42 pm
The left knows this, so why are they so intent on doing so much damage to the reputation of the US justice system? Perhaps that's the point. That's what they really want, not to destroy Trump, but to destroy America and move on from an outdated document written by racist white men.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's hilarious! No one is pushing white supremacy and racism harder than the hard right conservatives, especially the most extreme MAGA types! Yet another confirmation of the already well-established fact that whenever right-wing conservatives accuse democrats and progressives of anything bad, it is really an inadvertent confession of what they themselves are trying to do! If you still think that Trump and his sycophants are not hateful bigots and pathologically dishonest and corrupt conmen and self-centered narcissists, you are either hopelessly and tragically deluded, or just as hateful and corrupt as he and his most trusted cronies are! I have seen posts by diehard flat-earthers who seem more rational than you sometimes seem!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 pm

*Bill Clinton enters chat*
I should say that Stormy Daniels salacious details about when she had sex with Trump back in 2006 were not relevant to the hush money payments and whether it was to help with the Trump campaign or hide it from Melania. But the judge allowed her to testify about it because the purpose of this show trial is to defame Donald Trump and get out as many embarrassing details as possible whether it's pertinent to charges (which nobody really knows what the charges are). But even this doesn't make sense because Donald Trump is made of mud. Throwing more mud at him isn't going to change the minds of working class voters on issues like how they feel about working extra hours now and 10 to 12 years longer to pay for more welfare, Ukrainian welfare, and illegal immigration. It didn't change the minds of rust belt voters in 2016 and it won't change their minds in 2024. The left knows this, so why are they so intent on doing so much damage to the reputation of the US justice system? Perhaps that's the point. That's what they really want, not to destroy Trump, but to destroy America and move on from an outdated document written by racist white men.
Earth to moron, it was Trump's incompetent defense team that never objected to those statements. The judge himself even told Trump's attorney that he was surprised they never once raised an objection, because he would have sustained it. But they didn't. It isn't the judge's job to object to detailed testimony.

Judge says Trump's lawyers should have raised more objections to Stormy Daniels testimony
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

He didn't even vote for Trump.
So he says, but his actions prove he's an opportunist just trying to be that one guy Right Wing media can pay to spew their idiotic talking points while claiming " this guy didn't even vote for Trump." I'm afraid any more of this and Dershowitz is going to be going the way of Rudy Giuliani. Trump has a way of turning respected people into laughing stocks.
Nobody cares if Trump had sex with Stormy Daniels.
Especially the "family values Christians" who made such a hypocritical stink over Bill Clinton having consensual sex 30 years ago.

But this trial isn't about sex, it is about election interference and illegally manipulating business records to hide an illegal campaign donation. No amount of spin from Dershowitz is going to change the fact that this is illegal and clearly he is guilty of it. Even without Daniel's testimony the evidence is overwhelming.
He's demonstrating why this partisan political prosecution of political opponents is going to have some very bad unintended consequences for everyone in the country, including Democrats like himself.
There is nothing partisan about it, it is a simple matter of fact that Trump broke the law and these lawsuits were set in motion a long time ago, well before he decided to run for President. The only reason he wasn't indicted earlier is because he controlled the DOJ and they wouldn't allow it. Trump is an autocrat who doesn't care about the Constitution or the separation of powers or an independent Judiciary.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It’s wild watching Ajax being wrong for the entirety of his posting career. No matter how many times he’s been set straight, he doggedly ignores his wrongness and forges ahead.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

ajax wrote:ow and 10 to 12 years longer to pay for more welfare, Ukrainian welfare,
Made possible by right-wing Christian Mike Johnson. Your hero brought the motion to vacate Mr. Johnson for his allegiance to the uniparty, and only 11 Republicans took her side. Do you find this concerning? Would you say that all the Republican representatives who voted to keep Mike Johnson are rinos?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:

I should say that Stormy Daniels salacious details about when she had sex with Trump back in 2006 were not relevant to the hush money payments and whether it was to help with the Trump campaign or hide it from Melania. But the judge allowed her to testify about it because the purpose of this show trial is to defame Donald Trump and get out as many embarrassing details as possible whether it's pertinent to charges (which nobody really knows what the charges are).
The details that were allowed to be included in the witnesses testimony demonstrate that Trump had something to hide when running for President. This isn't a hush money trial. You know that, right?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 2:19 am
It’s wild watching Ajax being wrong for the entirety of his posting career. No matter how many times he’s been set straight, he doggedly ignores his wrongness and forges ahead.

- Doc
He cares about staying on point with the Republican talking points. Being correct would only hinder that effort. Throw the poop against the wall and then move on to the next wall.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:19 am
ajax18 wrote:

I should say that Stormy Daniels salacious details about when she had sex with Trump back in 2006 were not relevant to the hush money payments and whether it was to help with the Trump campaign or hide it from Melania. But the judge allowed her to testify about it because the purpose of this show trial is to defame Donald Trump and get out as many embarrassing details as possible whether it's pertinent to charges (which nobody really knows what the charges are).
The details that were allowed to be included in the witnesses testimony demonstrate that Trump had something to hide when running for President. This isn't a hush money trial. You know that, right?
Is Trump being charged with election interference in this case? How does New York have jurisdiction to charge this in a state court? Can you show me the statute?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:19 am

Is Trump being charged with election interference in this case? How does New York have jurisdiction to charge this in a state court? Can you show me the statute?
Trump is charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records, a Class E felony. You demonstrate your laziness every day. You can't even look up the charge. You want to drone on and on about a case you say is unfair when don't even understand what the charges are.