The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Res Ipsa »

The New York Appellate Division reduced the amount of Trump's appeal bond to $175 million. https://www.washingtonpost.com/document ... e_manual_4

Other portions of the judgment that are stayed pending appeal are the injunctions that prevent Trump and other defendants from service as director or officers of NY businesses and borrowing from New York Banks.

The provisions for continued monitoring by a court appointed financial monitor and installation of a compliance officer in the Trump organization were not stayed.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

$175 is just the bond, but he still has to pay the full $454 million right?

And why does he need 10 whole days to pay when he's already been claiming he has more than triple that already in cash?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:26 pm
$175 is just the bond, but he still has to pay the full $454 million right?

And why does he need 10 whole days to pay when he's already been claiming he has more than triple that already in cash?
Yes, if the judgment is upheld on appeal, he has to pay the entire judgment amount, plus post-judgment interest.

Trump’s Truth Social posts are not part of the record and wouldn’t be taken into consideration by the court. It still takes a few days to get a bonding company to post the bond. The court also referred to perfecting the appeal, which means there are some things the lawyers need to do before the appeal can go forward.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m starting to think white privilege might be a thing. /s

He literally said he had the money. Too bad, so sad if you don’t. You said you did. It’s wild how the system has been gamed to ensure these people avoid justice.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:52 pm

He literally said he had the money. Too bad, so sad if you don’t. You said you did. It’s wild how the system has been gamed to ensure these people avoid justice.

- Doc
Rich privilege certainly is a thing, at least in our carceral system. Did you see the sweet deal Paxton got?
he/him

Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
It is wild how the system has been gamed for political purposes and for election interference, possibly.

The economic consequences of a gamed judiciary will not likely have a positive effect on New York the city or New York the state.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Rich privilege certainly is a thing, at least in our carceral system. Did you see the sweet deal Paxton got?
I wasn’t sure who you were talking about, so I had to google “paxton + sentenced”.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/2 ... d-00149013

😾

For Dr. Shades:

Paxton is a white rapper from Texas who robbed a bank, and only got 100 hours of community service.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:43 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

I wasn’t sure who you were talking about, so I had to google “paxton + sentenced”.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/2 ... d-00149013

😾

For Dr. Shades:

Paxton is a white rapper from Texas who robbed a bank, and only got 100 hours of community service.

- Doc
Sorry, shoulda linked that. He definitely can Bust A Move.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Trump's Hush Money criminal trial has been set to start April 15.

ETA: The judge has issued a partial gag order. https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/pre ... dicial.pdf
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Buddy Boy is losing it. How very presidential!

https://youtu.be/k7WfGi9-t9w?t=392
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!