The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Vēritās »

I think I heard Glenn Kirschner say this was grounds for her removal from the case. She doesn't seem very competent nor does she seem interested in even trying to be unbiased.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:25 am
I think I heard Glenn Kirschner say this was grounds for her removal from the case. She doesn't seem very competent nor does she seem interested in even trying to be unbiased.
As far as I know, the grounds for removal of a federal judge from a case are misconduct and disability. I’ve seen people claim that the Court of Appeals will remove her from the case, but I’ve never seen that happen over claims of bias or incompetence.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:46 am
I’ve seen people claim that the Court of Appeals will remove her from the case, but I’ve never seen that happen over claims of bias or incompetence.
How does the Court handle bias and incompetence?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:48 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:46 am
I’ve seen people claim that the Court of Appeals will remove her from the case, but I’ve never seen that happen over claims of bias or incompetence.
How does the Court handle bias and incompetence?
Generally, reversal of incorrect decisions.
he/him

Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

I thought I remember that some of the documents Trump had were nuclear related which are classified as a matter of law. E.g. no president can declassify statutorily classified information without following a process which Trump did not. So even if we allow wide latitude for he can just think things declassified later he still has his hand in the pickle jar.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dwight wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:00 pm
I thought I remember that some of the documents Trump had were nuclear related which are classified as a matter of law. E.g. no president can declassify statutorily classified information without following a process which Trump did not. So even if we allow wide latitude for he can just think things declassified later he still has his hand in the pickle jar.
I recall some kind of alleged leak to that effect, but I've seen nothing from the prosecution team confirming it.

I think that the notion that the President can declassify a document by thinking about it is absurd.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Besides, we already have an audio tape of Trump bragging about documents he flat out said were classified well after he left office.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Here is Trump's brief filed with the Supreme Court regarding his claim to immunity in the D.C. election case.https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/ ... tioner.pdf
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Trump claims that he has nearly $500 million in CASH to afford the bond. Perhaps one of our resident MAGA "Arrest the Biden Crime Family" people can help explain how that happened, in relation to the tax returns and financial filings we have?

I mean, assuming Trump is telling the truth, which would mean his lawyers would appear to be lying in official court filings... but we know that it has to be Trump that's telling the truth, because he's going to make America great again with his really big brain that China is really impressed with. USA! USA! USA!

Fox New Link
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Mr. Billionaire is begging on my phone again. He wants to 1M patriots to chip in before the day is over and say:

END THE
WITCH HUNT

END THE
WITCH HUNT

END THE
WITCH HUNT

Plus they're not after him. They're after us.

Thought you all ought to know. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!