The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:25 pm
83.3 Million awarded to E. Jean Carroll today.

Trump-Carroll Defamation Trial
Jury Orders Trump to Pay Carroll $83.3 Million for Years of Defamation

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/01/26 ... tion-trial
Wasn’t the original judgement four or five million? $78M because he couldn’t shut the “F” up. I wonder how hard it’ll be to collect? Res? What’s your take?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:16 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:25 pm
83.3 Million awarded to E. Jean Carroll today.

Trump-Carroll Defamation Trial
Jury Orders Trump to Pay Carroll $83.3 Million for Years of Defamation

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/01/26 ... tion-trial
Wasn’t the original judgement four or five million? $78M because he couldn’t shut the “F” up. I wonder how hard it’ll be to collect? Res? What’s your take?

- Doc
Yep. 5M for the assault and now this 83.3M in the defamation suit. He'll probably appeal it. If he's got any lawyers left that'll take him. The one for this case was completely unprepared to handle it.

ETA: Just fact checked myself. The first case was sexual abuse, battery, and defamation. Not sexual assault. So he has to pony up nearly 100K because any way you look at it, he's a pig. That "grab 'em" claim was probably not a good idea either. Sounds like he confessed to a feral crime in full public view and on camera.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

Why did he not provide a dna text?

It seems the writPsalm 10:2-7
New International Version
2 In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak,
who are caught in the schemes he devises.
3 He boasts about the cravings of his heart;
he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord.
4 In his pride the wicked man does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
5 His ways are always prosperous;
your laws are rejected by[a] him;
he sneers at all his enemies.
6 He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.”
He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.”
7 His mouth is full of lies and threats;
trouble and evil are under his tongue.

er of psalms expressed a fear of someone like Trump.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

hauslern wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:42 pm
Why did he not provide a dna text?

It seems the writPsalm 10:2-7
New International Version
2 In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak,
who are caught in the schemes he devises.
3 He boasts about the cravings of his heart;
he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord.
4 In his pride the wicked man does not seek him;
in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
5 His ways are always prosperous;
your laws are rejected by[a] him;
he sneers at all his enemies.
6 He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.”
He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.”
7 His mouth is full of lies and threats;
trouble and evil are under his tongue.

er of psalms expressed a fear of someone like Trump.
Why are you mentioning dna?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
hauslern
Bishop

Post by hauslern »

Ben Carson who is a GOP supporter spoke about comparing Trump to King David. A biblcal scholar, Samuel Adams, commented:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/19/opin ... index.html

"Let’s unpack that comparison.

The David we meet in the Bible can be a ruthless figure who cuts corners and eliminates opponents to get what he wants. He sends Uriah the Hittite to his death so that he can have Bathsheba, and this is only the most famous example of the king’s blatant disregard for women (David has many other wives and mistresses). Like a mob boss, David demands money from a sheep farmer and takes his wife. When his son, Solomon, becomes king, David advises him to kill any rivals."
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Speaking from his deathbed to his son Solomon, in 1 Kings 2 David wrote:Moreover thou knowest also what Joab the son of Zeruiah did to me ... Do therefore according to thy wisdom, and let not his hoar head go down to the grave in peace. ... And, behold, thou hast with thee Shimei the son of Gera, ... which cursed me with a grievous curse in the day when I went to Mahanaim: but he came down to meet me at Jordan, and I sware to him by the Lord, saying, I will not put thee to death with the sword. Now therefore hold him not guiltless: for thou art a wise man, and knowest what thou oughtest to do unto him; but his hoar head bring thou down to the grave with blood.
The first time I read that I thought David sounded just like a mob boss, asking his son to take revenge on old enemies. It's stuck in my mind ever since as an example of the kind of thing that people don't remember from the Bible.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Physics Guy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:11 pm
The first time I read that I thought David sounded just like a mob boss, asking his son to take revenge on old enemies. It's stuck in my mind ever since as an example of the kind of thing that people don't remember from the Bible.
You are not alone. It is clear that in his day not everybody was delighted to see this former bandit and mercenary gallant young hero become king. There is an excellent discussion by "sethlsanders" of the job of whitewashing that was done, here:

Dispelling the Darkness around the Bandit King
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I've been listening to George Conway commentary for at least the last 6 months if not longer. He's totally got Trump pegged. Here's a new youtube short where he sums it up in short order.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/J7d1fqbn_dI

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:36 am
I've been listening to George Conway commentary for at least the last 6 months if not longer. He's totally got Trump pegged. Here's a new youtube short where he sums it up in short order.

Extended version. This is SO right on the money! "His intellect is reptilian". YES! So many quote worthy comments in this.

Run time: 10:14

'He’s a five year old’: George Conway pans Trump’s in court ‘tantrum’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwSMAIlEikk

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:36 am

I agree that Conway has totally got Trump pegged. MAGA-ites are fond of belittling those who oppose Trump and expose his corruption and misconduct by accusing them of "Trump derangement syndrome." In truth, it is his supporters and sycophants who are deranged and deluded, or fully on board with his scams and corruption. Inability to see the unequivocal evidence of his pathological dishonesty, narcissism, disdain for the law and willful corruption is very nearly as irrational as insisting that the world is flat or denying that it is daytime while staring at the noonday sun on a cloudless summer day!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.