Supreme Court Corruption

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Supreme Court Corruption

Post by Res Ipsa »

The revelations about Clarence Thomas get worse and worse.
https://www.propublica.org/article/clar ... reme-court He needs to go. If the Dems take the House, they should impeach him.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Supreme Court Corruption

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I think the NYT recently found that his quarter-million-dollar custom RV was bought with a private loan given to him by a "friend."

Having trouble finding the article though. :|

ETA: Found It
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

So, Hunter Biden haters, what’s the dollar limit a Republican has to hit before you get mad enough to demand jail time for them?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I think the Supreme Court's internal ethics review consists of the saying, "Hear no evil, See no evil, and Try not to get caught because we will have to double down on hearing and seeing no evil."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Do you how much that replica superbowl ring turned out to be worth?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:19 pm
I imagine it is probably worth substantially less than the $60,000/week private yacht stay, or the $260,000 private jet airfare, or the $200,000 Algar Association membership, or the $267,000 custom RV, or...
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:19 pm
:roll:

Straining at gnats and swallowing camels.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:26 pm

Ajax in a nutshell.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:39 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:26 pm

Ajax in a nutshell.
Ain't that the truth!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:41 pm
The revelations about Clarence Thomas get worse and worse.
https://www.propublica.org/article/clar ... reme-court He needs to go. If the Dems take the House, they should impeach him.
I agree! He should never have been confirmed in the first place! Justices Alito and Kavanaugh also deserve to be impeached in my opinion. More and more damaging evidence of their corruption is coming is coming to light. It seems more and more apparent that they and possibly Barrett and Gorsuch may have dominionistic sympathies who might favor the idea of turning our democracy into a doctrinaire theocracy like in The Handmaid's Tale, if they could somehow get away with it. I think the least dishonorable of the currently sitting conservative Justices is probably John Roberts, but recent disclosures about him and some of his decisions (especially the most recent) have tended to erode away much of the respect I once had for him. There seems little room for doubt that all of the current conservative Justices are to some degree (if not entirely) owned by powerful and wealthy corporate interests.

It seems glaringly apparent to me that Trump has consistently sought out some of the most corruptible and least ethical and most obsequious individuals he could find for many of his appointees, with little regard for competence or qualifications needed for their positions.
Last edited by Gunnar on Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.