Joe Biden, Derilict Border Fentanyl Traitor

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Joe Biden, Derilict Border Fentanyl Traitor

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:55 pm
I suppose if the Republicans could emulate Democratic party unity Nixon would never have been impeached.
Fun Fact: Nixon was never impeached by the House.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 pm
bill,

What on earth is a "derilect border fentanyl Traitor"?

If English isn't your first language, feel free to state your argument against Joe in your first language and we can run it through Google Translate. As it stands, such as the advances in A.I. are, there is no A.I. powerful enough to make sense of your OP.
I guess he believes Biden is cause of fentanyl problem despite the detail that deaths started increasing in 2014 so involve a period with three different presidents. The presidents are not the cause of the problem.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

bill4long wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:04 pm
Hehe, are you guys really going to brazen it out supporting this demented grifting nutjob as president?

Okay. No problem.

It must be getting difficult.

Hehe. Hehehe.
I'm curious which of the things you've said do you consider the strongest claim supported by the strongest evidence?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I stumbled upon an article tailor made for this thread: Republicans Run Against Right-Wing Fantasy Joe Biden.

https://www.oliverexplains.com/p/republ ... dium=email
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:34 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:55 pm
I suppose if the Republicans could emulate Democratic party unity Nixon would never have been impeached.
Fun Fact: Nixon was never impeached by the House.
Indeed Nixon resigned because some of the most conservative Republican Senators including Barry freaking Goldwater went and told him he'd be impeached and he didn't have the votes in the Senate.
Bond
CTR A

Post by Bond »

A drug problem has always existed in this country going all the way back to whiskey distilling. The drugs have just gotten better and more deadly. Most drugs are entering through legal ports of entry, it's easier and safer to ship drugs hidden in the 50 million tons of cargo the US imports each year than to trust a drug smuggler to swim the Rio Grande with 50 lbs of heroin on his back. Not sure how to solve the problem when there is an avid market for brain numbness and seemingly unlimited despair in America creating a huge pool of people looking for escape. The deaths are just going to keep piling up because no one is stopping the trade.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Bond wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm
A drug problem has always existed in this country going all the way back to whiskey distilling. The drugs have just gotten better and more deadly. Most drugs are entering through legal ports of entry, it's easier and safer to ship drugs hidden in the 50 million tons of cargo the US imports each year than to trust a drug smuggler to swim the Rio Grande with 50 lbs of heroin on his back. Not sure how to solve the problem when there is an avid market for brain numbness and seemingly unlimited despair in America creating a huge pool of people looking for escape. The deaths are just going to keep piling up because no one is stopping the trade.
Considering the government can't/won't even figure out whose cocaine was found in the white house, I'd say the chances of stopping the drug trade are slim to none. You just have to tax working people more to pay for the leisure of those who would prefer to be stoned all the time. It's the working man's fault for being selfish and not giving away more of their earnings for drug rehab resorts and perpetual welfare, not the drug user.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:13 pm
Bond wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm
Considering the government can't/won't even figure out whose cocaine was found in the white house, I'd say the chances of stopping the drug trade are slim to none. You just have to tax working people more to pay for the leisure of those who would prefer to be stoned all the time. It's the working man's fault for being selfish and not giving away more of their earnings for drug rehab resorts and perpetual welfare, not the drug user.
Ajax , you may be correct that the chances of stopping the drug trade are slim. It is closing in on a hundred years of war on drugs and no administration left right or whatever has found a win stopping the matter. Even so I do not think it is a good idea to tax the working folks more.

I am sorry you live in the state with the most perpetual welfare and addiction. I am unsure of the answer. Fentanyl will trim the number of addicts.
//
you realize that there are some low employment areas where people have allowed disability claims to get relatively easy approval. You are in what is in some ways a local problem and you would have to campaign against neighbors to create pressure to change. By the way do accept payment for your work through medicaid and medicare? If so you are a participant.