Go home, Mitch

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Go home, Mitch

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:12 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:32 pm
The money earned from influence peddling and insider stock market trading can be addictive. How would Hunter Biden fund his lifestyle without Joe in office?

McConnel's wife and the CCP are probably counting on Mitch to be able to oppose America First/hold China accountable policies against the America First wing of the Republican party.
America First? That's quite a misnomer if I ever heard one. Well, I suppose if you think America as a Christo-fascist hellhole is somehow becoming first at something . . . . First at making a literary dystopian nightmare into a reality?
You heard me right Kishkumen. We're talking about putting American citizens interests first, a source of huge disagreement between younger generation Republicans and the Bushy gerontocracy of which McConnel is a part.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Rest in peace, Republican civic virtue and enlightened self-interest. We knew thee well.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:03 pm
You heard me right Kishkumen. We're talking about putting American citizens interests first, a source of huge disagreement between younger generation Republicans and the Bushy gerontocracy of which McConnel is a part.
You’re being had by grifters.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Capitol Physician Medically Clears Bowl Of Jell-O To Serve In Senate

https://babylonbee.com/news/capitol-phy ... in-senate/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:26 pm
Capitol Physician Medically Clears Bowl Of Jell-O To Serve In Senate

https://babylonbee.com/news/capitol-phy ... in-senate/
Ajax, I only made it through the first two paragraphs of the article you linked to, but I'm guessing that it's eventually going to reveal that the "bowl of Jell-O" referenced is either Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz, or one of their respective spines. Am I right?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

first, a source of huge disagreement between younger generation Republicans and the Bushy gerontocracy of which McConnel is a part.
Funny, I didn't see any young republicans at the capital on Jan. 6.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:14 am
first, a source of huge disagreement between younger generation Republicans and the Bushy gerontocracy of which McConnel is a part.
Funny, I didn't see any young republicans at the capital on Jan. 6.
Well one nonviolent capital trespasser did commit suicide rather than serve 20 years in the gulag. Perhaps that will lift your spirits. Big win for partisan political justice!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

This is not one of those bad-to-better situations. Kentucky will just replace him with someone far worse. The replacement will all line up to take his fealty oaths with the Trump crime family or suffer the retaliation of Trump's brown-shirt mob.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:46 pm
This is not one of those bad-to-better situations. Kentucky will just replace him with someone far worse. The replacement will all line up to take his fealty oaths with the Trump crime family or suffer the retaliation of Trump's brown-shirt mob.
You're not listening to the experts. Are you a geriatric scientist? The experts have spoken and they have scientifically determined that Biden, Feinstein, McConnel, Fetterman, and a bowl of jello are all more than capable of serving in this capacity. It has nothing to do with the jello suffering from the lust for power that afflicts most rich men north of Richmond well into their 80s and 90s. Anyone who says otherwise is a conspiracy theorist and a science denier.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:16 pm
Dr. Gupta's take on this.

Hear what struck Gupta about McConnell appearing to freeze at news conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN39Ukn3788

Honestly, this is some of the saddest stuff I've ever seen in politics. Either he refuses to resign or his people are happy to exploit him as if they were turning a living breathing human being into some kind of ventriloquist dummy. It's positively disgusting.
When I concluded that about a politician, I was told I was guilty of ableism, discrimination against disabled people. Republicans made a law in Kentucky that would not allow the governor to appoint a Democrat to McConnel's senate position. It's not the Republican party nor the people around McConnel that don't want him to step down. It's Mitch unable to let go of power. And even though we're not allowed to talk about anyone other than Mitch in this thread, it's pretty willful ignorance to pretend Mitch McConnel is the only one afflicted with this eternal and insatiable hunger for power and authority. I don't know who's pulling the strings behind the strings but the ventriloquists are calling the shots in Washington.