Go home, Mitch

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Go home, Mitch

Post by Jersey Girl »

It happened again and I don't think it's only a matter of hearing loss. I don't know a lot about Mitch McConnell except that non-GOP folk appear to hate his guts. I'm not into politics enough to know why. But still...he's not fit for duty. He needs to go home before he straight up keels over at a podium somewhere in the US and on camera then the world watches as they literally drag his newly deceased body off the stage.

Doctor analyzes Sen. Mitch McConnell's latest episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8oSSsCU88E

This thread is about Mitch McConnell's health and fitness for duty and only Mitch McConnell. Not any other older gentleman in politics so forget it if you're going to start up with that.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Go home, Mitch

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Gupta's take on this.

Hear what struck Gupta about McConnell appearing to freeze at news conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN39Ukn3788

Honestly, this is some of the saddest stuff I've ever seen in politics. Either he refuses to resign or his people are happy to exploit him as if they were turning a living breathing human being into some kind of ventriloquist dummy. It's positively disgusting.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

Some countries have upper age limits for legislators and other elected officials. On the other hand, if the officials keep choosing to run for reelection, and the voters keep reelecting them, maybe that's just democracy. Perhaps the solution is just for officials in failing health to resign, or for voters to pick healthier candidates.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

So many people of this generation refuse to retire. It’s really kind of weird.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:10 am
Thank you, Kishkumen. I think some people want a super lifestyle where they need the money flowing in: the style of the home and car, or sometime it’s homes and cars. I think the senator has a wife that has long government service. Both retirements and downsizing would be best for them.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

This thread is about Mitch McConnell's health and fitness for duty and only Mitch McConnell. Not any other older gentleman in politics so forget it if you're going to start up with that.
Partisan justice must only cut one way and like Nightlion's church, no disagreement will be tolerated. Nobody ever accused Democrats of having nonpartisan principles.

But yes, at the very least Mitch should step down from his position as Senate minority leader. And shame on his family and advisors for not encouraging him to step down sooner.

It's still kind of hard to look at Mitch McConnel as an isolated case of gerontocracy or disabled politicians unable to do the job in America when he's one of many.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:10 am
The money earned from influence peddling and insider stock market trading can be addictive. How would Hunter Biden fund his lifestyle without Joe in office?

McConnel's wife and the CCP are probably counting on Mitch to be able to oppose America First/hold China accountable policies against the America First wing of the Republican party.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:57 pm
Thank you, Kishkumen. I think some people want a super lifestyle where they need the money flowing in: the style of the home and car, or sometime it’s homes and cars. I think the senator has a wife that has long government service. Both retirements and downsizing would be best for them.
Indeed. One might say the same of Diane Feinstein. The poor woman appears to have lost it some time ago.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:32 pm
The money earned from influence peddling and insider stock market trading can be addictive. How would Hunter Biden fund his lifestyle without Joe in office?

McConnel's wife and the CCP are probably counting on Mitch to be able to oppose America First/hold China accountable policies against the America First wing of the Republican party.
America First? That's quite a misnomer if I ever heard one. Well, I suppose if you think America as a Christo-fascist hellhole is somehow becoming first at something . . . . First at making a literary dystopian nightmare into a reality?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Non-doctor autodidact medical opinion:

Focal seizure in one hemisphere.

Main reason for my unprofessional internet diagnosis (beyond the zoning out) -- his eyes moved and stayed to one side during the episode.