True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

Post by Kishkumen »

This admission of abuse is horrific. I can't imagine treating anyone so cruelly, let alone one's own child.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The depths of Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt's depravity and their Arizona torture murder plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYiiIUsStN8
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

There was a document dump a couple days ago, representing the response to FOIA requests that had been on hold until after sentencing. Ruby Frankie kept a set of journals that she called the Pen Papers, in which she recorded her visions and Hildebrandt’s visions. They believed that God would direct them when to publish the papers and that they would be treated as scripture.

Hildebrandt is shown to be more of a wacko than we knew. She would talk of visions in which Jesus taught her to walk on water, or she had a pet lion in heaven named Charles that she would ride around on. But she would also go into trances in which demons spoke through her. One demon referred to her as the bride of Satan.

Her local bishop was conducting near daily exorcisms at her home in Southern Utah. When she moved into the Franke home at Ruby’s invitation, Kevin Frankie became the family exorcist. He also said that Jodi didn’t bathe and often smelled terrible. She wore long sleeves because her arms were mangled, presumably from cutting.

Ruby’s personal journals have interesting entries. In one, she describes casting a demon out of her 12 year son — the one who later escaped from Jodi’s home.

Connexions was definitely a cult. They were planning on buying land in Arizona for a compound where the members would live.

And it sounds like Jodi turned on Kevin over — surprise — money. Jodi had talked Ruby into giving 8 Passengers (reportedly worth millions) to Jodi in exchange for Ruby becoming an employee of Connexions. Kevin, who was part owner, objected. Soon after, Kevin was out of the house.

Wild stuff.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:20 am
They were planning on buying land in Arizona for a compound where the members would live.

Wild stuff.
Having Ruby's son try to make his way to the jail put the Hell Duo on notice of how things would come crashing down if their torture of the Franke children was discovered. As RFM speculated in the video, these children would probably go the way of the Vallow-Daybell children once in Arizona.

That part of Jodi talking with Brad Wilcox and another LDS Authority at that time was chilling.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Stephanie Harlowe posted the first of two videos on the evidence dump. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDFS9BI1BJ8 Trigger warning: she includes photos and videos that are somewhat graphic in showing R's condition and injuries. His face is blurred, but his limbs show how emaciated he had become. She also shows video of police personnel trying to talk to E in the closet where they found her. She sits, criss cross applesauce, for two or three hours without appearing to move or respond in any way. They finally put pizza in front of her, which she sat and looked at for a long time, as if it were some kind of trick to get her to do something that she would be punished for.

She also goes over the evidence of how Jodi inserted herself into the Franke family and how she drew Ruby and Kevin into the cult she was creating. I agree with something I heard someone else say -- I don't think she brainwashed Ruby. I think she gave Ruby permission to do things she wanted to do. Kevin is more interesting. I do think he shows what are described as some of the classic signs of cult brainwashing. He describes a couple of the techniques cult leader use: love bombing, circular reasoning, isolation and gaslighting. I'm not nominating him for father of the year based on some of the 8 Passengers videos I watched. But I think the evidence is pretty strong that he was absolutely brainwashed by Jodi and then Ruby to move out and completely isolate himself from everyone in order to "save" his family from him.

Jodi's "one weird trick to become a cult leader" is incredibly obvious from the outside. People who are living in truth are good. People who are living in distortion are bad. How does one know if one is living in truth or distortion? It 100% depends on what Jodi says. If you oppose her, you are living in distortion and, if you are child, you are possessed by the devil or evil spirits. If you submit to her, you are being manipulative by only pretending to live in truth. It was all based on whether Jodi saw you as a resource to be used or a threat to be disarmed.

And that dynamic was applied by Jodi and Ruby to Ruby's kids. There was no way to win their mother's approval. They were either oppositional or manipulative in her eyes. And she convinced both of them that the cruelty and sadism visited upon them was their own fault.

Jodi and Ruby really were a toxic duo with a scary sadistic streak. I'm persuaded that they both should serve their full sentences. Ruby said what she needed to say to appear remorseful. But the deep seated cruelty attitude toward her children preceded her contact with Jodi and won't go away without years of hard work with a therapist. (And maybe never will.)
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Thanks, RI. I missed Stephanie's notification. Listening now.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

New from Stephanie Harlowe. Run time about an hour and a half. Haven't listened to it yet myself.

Ruby Franke: Jail Calls and Journals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYUHJrGOXs
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:12 pm
New from Stephanie Harlowe. Run time about an hour and a half. Haven't listened to it yet myself.

Ruby Franke: Jail Calls and Journals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlYUHJrGOXs
Me neither, but I will. I’m trying to keep up with Chad’s trial.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Yeah I might sell my chicken to a hornet, actually. I don't think I would sell my soul to a hornet or anyone else. But if the hornet was hungry and had cash, yes, you can have some of my chicken. You're small. How much are you gonna take? I'm still gonna have plenty to eat.~ Stephanie Harlowe

She's like a sickness in my brain...

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

It is infuriating to hear Ruby refer to her 9-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son as weak-minded especially when her and her dumbass husband are sitting in front of the cops and talking on the phone telling people how jod brainwashed them and took control of their lives before they even knew what hit them okay especially when freaking Kevin doesn't even know what emaciated means especially when Ruby couldn't win a second grade spelling bee. Ruby you're a grown ass woman who could have walked out of Jody's house at any time at any time when you felt uncomfortable like oh this woman's making me hurt my children you could have been like I'm out of here you weren't a prisoner your kids were prisoners they're kids and they were forced to be at the mercy of the adults in the room you're weak-minded Ruby weak-minded and not too bright those two kids of yours they are incredibly strong and brave and the fact that they continue to push and fight back even as you upped the intensity of their abuse only proves this so I'm not sure how your scumbag ass and your husband's scumbag ass were able to raise such independent smart Brave and courageous children but you should have been proud of them and instead you tried to break the things inside of them that made them strong and made them independent individuals ~ Stephanie absolute Harlowe 8-)

Slava Ukraini!