True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber LDS related

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:35 am
8 Disturbing Details in Ruby Franke's Guilty Plea Agreement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvYCwviQEOk
Public service: The important part starts here.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Here is what Ruby Franke admitted to in her plea deal:

:cry:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

You know what gets to me about this case, RI? I understand how a person like Ruby can be created and how she could be influenced by Jodi. I get personality disorders. I get how convincing people can be. I get what the motivations might be.

But I just cannot tolerate the toxicity of these folks and how cruel they can be to vulnerable children. It makes me turn away from it. This is the one case in a long time that I can't let myself become too exposed to. So I disconnect from it for sheer self preservation.

It's absolutely repulsive.

Hopefully they'll both get what's coming to them whatever form that may take. Folks who manipulate and head trip children, and then try to manipulate public opinion about them by appearing all humble in court when you know good and well they're screwed up and cannot be fixed because their personalities are so mangled just make me sick.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yeah, it's one thing to be able to intellectually understand how Ruby became who she is and another to wrap one's brain around the harm she caused to her children. I understand why you don't want to get wrapped up in this one.

Given the facts she pled to, I expect Ruby to be wearing an attractive jump suit for a while. I hope they try Jodi and throw the book at her. She screwed up more lives than we'll ever know about.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Allegedly took a plea agreement so child victims didn't have to testify. Yeah, okay. Whatever. Spare us the sad face. Like you're sad for anyone besides yourself.

Ruby Franke’s Business Partner Jodi Hildebrandt Throws in Towel, Pleads Guilty to Child Abuse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_K0T4Ft1Wk
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:37 pm
Allegedly took a plea agreement so child victims didn't have to testify. Yeah, okay. Whatever. Spare us the sad face. Like you're sad for anyone besides yourself.

Ruby Franke’s Business Partner Jodi Hildebrandt Throws in Towel, Pleads Guilty to Child Abuse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_K0T4Ft1Wk
They should have tried her.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

Post by Jersey Girl »

See ya around, sis, and may you serve the maximum.
Popular parent blogger Ruby Franke sentenced to consecutive prison terms for 4 counts of child aggravated abuse

CNN

Ruby Franke, a mother and popular web personality who pleaded guilty last year to four counts of aggravated child abuse, was sentenced to four consecutive sentences of one to 15 years in a Utah prison Tuesday.

“My charges are just,” Franke said at the sentencing. “They offer safety to my family, accountability to the public, and they did show mercy to me.”

Franke, 42, had vlogged the abuse of her children on her now-deleted YouTube channel “8 Passengers.” She was arrested in August after her 12-year-old son ran away and asked a neighbor to call police.

Franke was initially charged with six counts but pleaded not guilty to two of the counts as part of a plea deal to testify against her business partner, Jodi Hildebrandt, who was also charged with aggravated child abuse but also reached a plea agreement, prosecutors said.

The abuse included denying Franke’s children food and water, kicking her son while wearing boots and depriving him of oxygen, according to court documents.

Franke told her children the punishments were needed for them to be obedient and repent, the court documents said. They also stated she “intentionally or knowingly inflicted and allowed another adult to inflict serious physical injuries.”

“For the past four years, I’ve chosen to follow counsel and guidance that has led me into a dark delusion,” Franke said. “My distorted version of reality went largely unchecked as I would isolate from anyone who challenged me.”

Hildebrandt also was sentenced Tuesday and received the same sentences. They each have 30 days to file an appeal, the judge said.

“One of the reasons I did not go to trial… I did not want them to emotionally relive the experience, which would have been detrimental to them,” Hildebrandt told the court. “My hope and prayer is that they will heal and move forward to have beautiful lives.”

CNN’s Faith Karimi and Steve Almasy contributed to this report.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/us/blogg ... index.html

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh look. It was actually two-fer day.

Vid is almost 40 minutes. I'm not time stamping it. Just slide that thing to the right until you get to the more interesting parts.

Court Hearing: Ruby Franke and Jodi Hildebrandt sentenced to 1-15 years in prison
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ifUMwaeC4M

GO. Away.

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Mormon Stories had an excellent podcast on the sentencing hearings and Adam Steed spoke on the court steps afterward. Good stuff and well worth watching for true crime buffs like Jersey Girl.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Sounds pretty light for Hildebrandt.
he/him