True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber is LDS related

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: True Crime: Holy cats this youtuber LDS related

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:17 am
Jersey Girl, thanks for keeping everyone up to date.

Here is a video from Nemo the Mormon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZNqb0byu8
I'm not really trying to keep up with it very much since it's blown the lid off youtube and the crazies are coming out of the woodwork (who don't know the details) which happens all the time re:true crime on youtube because everyone wants to make a buck off of it. I did see those couple of new videos coming through my feed though. I loved the "body language expert" calling it like it was. First person I've heard really get to the heart of it all.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Given the number of religious cults the COJCOLDS has spun off over the years, I guess it’s not surprising to find more secular cults that have also spun off. Sons of Hellman sounds pretty cultish to me.

Jodi is a cult leader. She recruits followers by encouraging them to abandon their marriages, cutting them off from From their spouses. She claims that everyone is addicted to almost everything in life, creating a dependence on her for continuing coaching and treating. She pathologies all close relationships, leaving her as the sole source of support for her followers. If she invented an a-meter (that affirms addiction) she’d be the same as a Scientologist leader.

She actively destroyed Adam’s marriage, and it sounds like she did the same with Ruby’s.

If I’m reading correctly, LDS family services took her off their approved therapist list a decade ago. She is no longer with the same organization she was with at that time. I haven’t yet seen evidence the church supported her in any way after that. 8 Passengers stopped posting new content a couple of years ago, around the time Ruby met up with Jodi. At the time of their arrests, they were operating as a new life coaching business. I haven’t yet found any connection between the church and that company. It may be that Jodie leveraged her church membership and past contacts in her most recent venture.

I’m guessing this gets her license pulled permanently. At least I hope so. I also hope Ruby and Jodie were unsuccessful in spreading this child abuse to other parents. If there are more cases, I’m guessing whistles will start blowing any day now.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:00 am
I’m guessing this gets her license pulled permanently.
I think the State returned her license and that the Church returned to client referral and payment.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:11 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:00 am
I’m guessing this gets her license pulled permanently.
I think the State returned her license and that the Church returned to client referral and payment.
When her license was suspended because she provided confidential patient information to the BYU standards office, she was required to complete some training courses. After she met all the requirements, her license was restored. All the information I've found said that LDS family services has not recommended her as a therapist since she was suspended.

A conviction for child abuse should be sufficient to revoke her license.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:48 pm
All the information I've found said that LDS family services has not recommended her as a therapist since she was suspended.
She has been invited as a guest speaker at BYU since then.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:00 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:48 pm
All the information I've found said that LDS family services has not recommended her as a therapist since she was suspended.
She has been invited as a guest speaker at BYU since then.
OK. Any evidence that she got back on the referral list?
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

New YouTube channel recommend. Psychology in Seattle. He apparently has 340K subs and 3 videos in series on the case. His vids look to run about 30 minutes. Just now listening. Seems good enough to recommend.

Ruby Franke & Jodi Hildebrandt #1 (Therapist Reacts)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8R9-Xj_tk

ETA: He's saying sadistic, too. Yep. Called it.

(if you watch this and get to the part where she's threatening to cut the head off a stuffed animal if the young girl doesn't stop cutting stuff in her home...the developmentally appropriate response would be the use of re-direction which would be to give the child a pair of child safe scissors and PLENTY of appropriate stuff to cut...paper, playdough, lettuce, green onions (make a salad), yarn, or whatever you can find that is acceptable to cut. Not sure the age of the child, but 4.5 - 5-ish year olds are notorious for cutting their hair. Give them something they CAN cut. Buy a bunch of thrift store dolls if you need to but...let them cut. Why? Because they need to cut. Compliment their cutting and involve them...you're getting good at using the scissors. Would you like to help make the salad tonight? Notice she's doing this in front of her other children who are laughing at it which heightens the intensity of the interaction and therefore makes it more damaging. Ruby Franke is a hideous and sadistic person who knows exactly nothing about child development when she was raising SIX of her own and dispensing psycho advice to others on youtube while inadvertently filming recording her own abuse. Yet another example of stupid mistakes that criminals make.)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Welp. Law & Crime Network has gotten wind of Adam Paul Steed.

‘Dark Chapter’: Victim of Ruby Franke’s Business Partner Tells All, Details Disturbing ‘Therapy’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KSryl97hQ

5.25M subscribers. Good luck with that LDS Church.

"Game over"
~ Adam Paul Steed

Yep.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:53 am
MOK, watch this thing. I've seen this guy before but only on occasion. I take body language with a grain of salt. But...he's a licensed clinical psychologist and he's NOT doing the body language here, he's critiquing what they are saying. I started listening and picking out the same sick things he was and then I was like...he nails it. Notice he comes right out and describes her as a sadist. Just like I did.

Not that I'm an expert but this is the first person I've heard call her a sadist.

Ruby Franke, Jodi & Jessi Hildebrandt – New Shocking Behavior and Body Language Insights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTo18wamt6M

That whole thing about lining up stuffed animals is developmentally appropriate. It's actually an emergent math skill. As the brain develops, the result is more ordered thinking. It's a sign of the normal development of ordered thinking. That's why a child does that. It's certainly NOT what she calls it. You're gonna die when you hear it Mok.

Also when you hear him or myself, use the phrase "developmentally appropriate" it means consistent with a child's stage of development. He nails this more than once in the commentary.

Also when they talk about children not eating...Ruby Franke's six year old child didn't go without food for 3 hours. She went approx. 15 hours without eating. Forgot to make her own lunch and take it...after let's say 12 hours of sleep give or take an hour. When he says they are in agreement on the topic, I think it's because this is something Jodi taught Ruby and she used the "technique" which is actually child abuse or neglect. Recall, Ruby called the school and told them not to feed her. From the school's position, that's an immediate call to CPS, DHS, DCFS--I forget what it's called in Utah. The school cannot legally withhold food from a hungry child. If they do, they become complicit.

The total garbage they were putting out is Sick! Sick! Sick!
Retraction: We don't know if her young child was deprived of food for 15 hours. We don't know if she ate breakfast. A channel raised that issue and made me think better of my claim.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:29 am
Welp. Law & Crime Network has gotten wind of Adam Paul Steed.

‘Dark Chapter’: Victim of Ruby Franke’s Business Partner Tells All, Details Disturbing ‘Therapy’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3KSryl97hQ

5.25M subscribers. Good luck with that LDS Church.

"Game over"
~ Adam Paul Steed

Yep.
He barely mentions the church in this video. What he mostly talks is what I'd label as Jodi gaslighting victims. In her first court appearance, Ruby accused one of her kids of molesting a bunch of other kids. Adam said that she did the same thing to him when he wanted to quit therapy with her and refused to pay her large bills -- accused him of being a child molester.

I've listed to a few interviews with Adam now. It's not his fault, but he often tells his story in a disjointed way that makes it hard to understand both what happened and the context. In this interview, he says his bishop told him to go to therapy with Jodi. In another, he said he went to his bishop for a recommendation and the bishop recommended Jodi, who worked for a company that the bishop's brother or brother in law owned. In one of the interviews, he says that his wife accused him of having an affair. He says he and the other woman didn't have sex, but it sounded like an emotional affair. He says the other woman was excommunicated and later committed suicide, if I'm recalling correctly.

None of this excuses Jodi or Ruby. But it shows that Adam's story is really complicated and that there was lots going on during his encounter with Jodi.
he/him